Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening ya all! Purchased my 2011 Chevy Eco 6-spd in January. Its pretty cool. I love all the features plus because its a Chevy. Was looking for another vehicle because I have driving age kids now and wanted to pass down the 2004 Chevy Aveo. It was priced right and had the features I was looking for (power all, manual shift, 35+ MPG, looks sweet).

I recently took it on a 3000 mile journey from central KS to LA to Phoenix to Las Cruces and back. Had a scare outside of Phoenix. The Stabilitrak error came on and the car was shuddering real bad and a had loss of power. We met friends for dinner and took the battery connector off while we ate. I reconnected and drove the friends house with only a couple of shudders. Stayed the night while looking up possible causes. Found everything from replacing the air filter to re-seating the oil cap and dipstick???

The next morning while heading to Las Cruces, I decided to keep the RPMs above 2000 the whole trip (Just figured I was overloaded with 3 adults, 1 kid, and all the crap. The car wants me to shift when the RPMs reach 1.5k and thought there was too much weight). I would just downshift when the RPMs approached 2000 and run it that way. Straight aways at 69mph I ran just above 2000 in 6th gear. Interstate wasn't a problem. No problems to Cruces and back home. BTW, got 41mpg going from phoenix to cruces running above the 2k mark???? Normally, 38.

Anyhoos, that ran long... Only other issue is the low bumper. Can't get it in the wife's head not to run up on parking stops or curbs at the store. I bitch so much she just doesn't drive it anymore (Yay!). Well thanks for all the informative posts and look forward more.

Stephen
2011 Chevy Cruze Eco

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm happy whenever others are still interested in manual transmission like me!

There's a TSB on a loose negative battery terminal crimp and that has caused some pretty goofy errors for others, might be worth checking out.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What is the spark plug gap, are they the original now discontinued plugs, and negative cable may need to be changed. After that I may suspect coil pack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Just came back from the dealer and they replaced the negative cable (They only did the 6-inch section from the battery to the frame). Another post someone put about seeing tghese errors was that the voltage screen was showing as put only 12.9 to 13.5 volts from the alternator. I had that also.

Since the fix, I am looking at 14V and up and no stabilitrak error! Thanks again.

Stephen

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thanks! Just came back from the dealer and they replaced the negative cable (They only did the 6-inch section from the battery to the frame). Another post someone put about seeing tghese errors was that the voltage screen was showing as put only 12.9 to 13.5 volts from the alternator. I had that also.

Since the fix, I am looking at 14V and up and no stabilitrak error! Thanks again.

Stephen
Hi Stephen,

We're so glad to hear that your dealership took care of this for you! Should you have any future questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out as we're always here to help.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well same stuff different day. Still have the stabilitrak. Quite disappointing. Tell me, does the recall fix only replace a 6 inch section ground wire? From the battery negative terminal to the car frame?

Any other suggestions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts