Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Suggest to look at some of the spark plug info right away. Seeing as you say it's a 2011 should have more than 60k miles on it by now so should have new plugs. Still would check plugs right away and tune to your particular driving. WOT driver stay closer to the .028-.030. Eco driver .032-.035 some have stretched that further but have heard lots of misfire/blowout around .040. PCV problems are common so unless you have a lot of cash to fix that I would look at the PCV fix by extreme.

Read up this is a great place to learn from. Most are quick to respond and very willing to help out. Happy Cruizing!

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Suggest to look at some of the spark plug info right away. Seeing as you say it's a 2011 should have more than 60k miles on it by now so should have new plugs. Still would check plugs right away and tune to your particular driving. WOT driver stay closer to the .028-.030. Eco driver .032-.035 some have stretched that further but have heard lots of misfire/blowout around .040. PCV problems are common so unless you have a lot of cash to fix that I would look at the PCV fix by extreme.

Read up this is a great place to learn from. Most are quick to respond and very willing to help out. Happy Cruizing!
The people running larger gaps were the original members around who got the T Collins top 3 kit when it was still a thing and Neg Cable replacement was not around yet. Same time I got the dealer installed cable and even stock tune couldn't go past 0.035 on my last 2 coil packs. I'd start at the 0.027 range and slowly work up especially if BKR7e Plugs are used. Coppers like to open up super fast making you have to gap sooner.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

The people running larger gaps were the original members around who got the T Collins top 3 kit when it was still a thing and Neg Cable replacement was not around yet. Same time I got the dealer installed cable and even stock tune couldn't go past 0.035 on my last 2 coil packs. I'd start at the 0.027 range and slowly work up especially if BKR7e Plugs are used. Coppers like to open up super fast making you have to gap sooner.
Never heard of that specifically but I run .034 with BKR7E plugs with no problems. I check them often though(1-2k). Run torque app as well and watch misfires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was just thru Michigan today! 1st real trip in the Cruze and found some interesting information. On the way up we took 4 lane interstate the whole way. Filled tank before leaving and ran 70-72 mph on the way there, 3 hour trip. Averaged 33 mpg. Topped off tank and went back home on 2 lane highways running 60-62 mph. Averaged 38 mpg. This is a 2011 Cruze eco automatic. Anyone have these kind of results?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts