Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Tim from Pennsylvania here 32 years old got my 12 Cruze Eco 1.8 6 speed a few weeks ago but havent posted any pictures yet. Wll here we go.
Paint isnt in to bad of shape. I take it to the car wash every week. Im intrested in getting it ceramic coated in the future.
68,000 isnt to bad for a 2012 I thinkan older guy had the car he must have taken good care of the car. I feel like it was garage kept which im glad about.
I added the front license plate as a nice little added touch. I got it from chevy mall.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was told its a 1.8 and I know for a fact its not turbo. I always thought it was a 1.4 But one thing is for shur its the slowest car I ever drove.

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
Welcome and as was mentioned earlier, I didn't know there was a 1.8 Eco. The wheels are definitely Eco wheels but Ecos came with a turbo. How do you know it is not turbo. Is there a green "Eco" tag on the trunk? Post a picture of the engine. I am thinking someone put Eco wheels on a LS. I know both the LS and Ecos are not the fastest cars made The Eco due to the gearing and the LS due to the 1.8 engine. If you like do a google search on the VIN and it will describe the car.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres an eco tag on the back. The car also has the vents on the front that open and close. Ill get a picture of the motor and post it. Ill also search the vin.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome and as was mentioned earlier, I didn't know there was a 1.8 Eco. The wheels are definitely Eco wheels but Ecos came with a turbo. How do you know it is not turbo. Is there a green "Eco" tag on the trunk? Post a picture of the engine. I am thinking someone put Eco wheels on a LS. I know both the LS and Ecos are not the fastest cars made The Eco due to the gearing and the LS due to the 1.8 engine. If you like do a google search on the VIN and it will describe the car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just going off of what my mechanic told me. I was suprised when he told me its a 1.8 because I always under the understanding that it was a 1.4. Should have done my research sorry about that.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,918 Posts
No need for an apology, the explanation was good enough. Posting a picture of the area between the grill and the engine will help though, just to be sure. That way you will get the best advice from the forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
As Blasir said No need for an apology we do our best to help when needed and glad we were able to clear that up for you. I wasn't sure so I did a search on one of my VINs just to be sure it addressed the engine size. I know the VIN is used to find parts for the cars so... BTW I just looked the pics of your car and it looks just like the 2012 Eco I had paint color and all.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the red color. I believe it's Crystal red metallic tint coat ? The car is exactly color and everything that I wanted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts