Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure whats going on but the car feels weaker now that when i first got it a year ago... like turbo lag sometimes and also why is it when pressed gas to the floor it feels weaker than just pressing it half way? thanks for the help in advance

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
You joined a year ago and this is your first post, wow! Yes the CRUZE is weak, this summer has been the worst for me although the 91 Premium helps somewhat. Happy Motoring

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,275 Posts
not sure whats going on but the car feels weaker now that when i first got it a year ago... like turbo lag sometimes and also why is it when pressed gas to the floor it feels weaker than just pressing it half way? thanks for the help in advance
Belated Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

As Eddy Cruze said, the summer heat bogs you down, but one way to counter that is by using premium fuel. You could try a Mid-grade to see if that is enough though.

[h=1]Premium unleaded?

low power / loss of power situation ~ fixed[/h]
Another way is to change out your plugs and re-gap them.

[h=1]Hesitation...GONE![/h]
A third way is to get a tune.

[h=1]BNR Gen 2 Tune AVAILABLE NOW! +63HP +92TQ[/h]
[h=1]The BNR/EFI Live tune review you've been waiting for.[/h]
[h=1]TRIFECTA: Get Tuned. (2017 Cruze / Cruze Hatch Support Now Available!)[/h]
Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol dam you all are good, yes i did join as soon as i bought car... but i couldn't post anything in the begging for some reason then i thought well i have no problems so i mainly have been reading here and there... sometimes it feels like the turbo isnt there at all... i guess ill go with new plugs you recommend and see if i feel a difference... i have read about the turbo dying as well, hope thats not the case here..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat as well. Bought last year with 40,000. Now sits close to 70,000 and I'm constantly worried about the turbo. Last month I got a p0299 code. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the replaced the "purge valve." The guy said it was in the emissions system and could have failed by topping off at the pump which I haven't done since. This repair was not covered under warranty and cost a total of $252.18. The power delivery seemed smoother and like it had a little more pep than I was used to for the next week or so but then it was right back to how it was before. I think I'm going to do spark plugs soon and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have owned my Cruze for almost 3 years now, from the sound of it, its the heat....I live on Cape Cod so nice cool 50s and 60s to FLA with 100 degree heat could tell the difference, aka like the turbo isnt even there, you realize that you do have a small engine in it.....

·
Premium Member
2014, LT1, RS, package
20 Posts
A good test to see if the problem lies in the heat or there is an additional problem is pretty simple. Get some sort of sprayer (nothing with super high force) just something cheap with a reservoir to put ice cold water in it. On a hot day after you've noticed the problem, simply spray down your inter cooler really well and see if some of the power returns. If it does your problem is indeed the heat. Turbo cars are especial well known for power loss when the temp climes. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts