Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has heard any news about the pedders springs ( and the issues many of us are having ) please post it in this thread. I'm still waiting for Pete from Pedders to email me back. Last ttime I talked to him

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Have not heard anything in the past few weeks. He is most likely out of the office or on vacation as all the times I emailed him, he was super quick about getting back to me. I would give it some more time, or try emailing him again if it's been over a week - he may not have gotten it.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help Shawn, ive tried emailling him before then i said id just give him time lol. just started this thread to get any news about the springs out there to the CruzeTalk members!

if anyone has any info regarding the pedders springs, please contact me or Shawn, thanks!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
This was fast... Just back from Pete (Pedders)

"The OE USA front coil is a 320mm tall fee height and the Global spec coil is 380mm. I have experimented with a SEMA Cruze and found that cutting one full coil delivers the desired ride height. That experiment, plus the OEcoil and strut analysis delivers a solution. They are winding new front coils and we should see them next week.

All that aside, we are still not sure of why there is such a significant difference in the US spec Cruze front while the rears are identical to the Global spec. My GM North America guys are not much help. The Global spec to them is the same as the alien spec."

Then we asked about "cutting" and how to do it, and this was the reply:

"Please don’t cut anything. We will replace the front coil sets with finished coils. When the lower coil is cut it no longer fits in the strut insulator. The ye that was cut off is smaller in diametr than the coil above it. For the SEMA vehicle we just let it sit in the bare spring perch on the strut, but that would not be acceptable for a retail customer."

Any other questions let us know (via posting here) and we will forward them onto Pedders.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all the great help. People who already purchased the springs and noticed the problem don't have to pay for the new set correct ? I'm guessing we just have to send the messed up coils back to pedders ?

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Thanks guys for all the great help. People who already purchased the springs and noticed the problem don't have to pay for the new set correct ? I'm guessing we just have to send the messed up coils back to pedders ?
Correct.. and they will *most likely* pay for return shipping but that is yet to be determined (I can see them doing it out of good faith)

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Shawn! great news

Correct.. and they will *most likely* pay for return shipping but that is yet to be determined (I can see them doing it out of good faith)

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any updates Shawn, Aaron? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
**UPDATE**

Just talked with a rep. from Pedders, Aus. and they said they will be shipping the 2 new front coils/springs off to TurboTechRacing (or where ever you bought them from) by this week. They just finished up the last bit of odds and ends, so give it about a week or two. Everyone in my situation, my heart goes out to each and everyone of you lol.......were almost there!

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
So i take it that if you were to order a set now they'd come with the fixed front coils/springs? Or will that take a couple more weeks?

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a problem at all, its not your fault they manufactured faulty springs, haha.

Good deal, sorry we did not see this thread sooner... We will keep you updated if we hear anything also.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that Pedders heard all the complaints from people all over the globe, Im sure they will start shipping out the new springs even if you order now. However, as a professional company, im sure they will be shipping out the springs to the customers that already have the "faulty" springs and are waiting on Pedders to ship them a new set. I just cant see Pedders shipping out springs that they know are faulty and people aren't satisfied with them. Pedders, Australia is a well known company in the cobalt community, they wont let us Chevy boys and gals down haha!

Ill keep you guys posted in case Deb from Pedders gets back to me with any latest news.
Cheers, if i dont see you all before the holidays wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year!!! 2012, here we come! #teamCRUZE

So i take it that if you were to order a set now they'd come with the fixed front coils/springs? Or will that take a couple more weeks?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Now that Pedders heard all the complaints from people all over the globe, Im sure they will start shipping out the new springs even if you order now. However, as a professional company, im sure they will be shipping out the springs to the customers that already have the "faulty" springs and are waiting on Pedders to ship them a new set. I just cant see Pedders shipping out springs that they know are faulty and people aren't satisfied with them. Pedders, Australia is a well known company in the cobalt community, they wont let us Chevy boys and gals down haha!

Ill keep you guys posted in case Deb from Pedders gets back to me with any latest news.
Cheers, if i dont see you all before the holidays wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year!!! 2012, here we come! #teamCRUZE

Agreed, Pedders will FIRST ship the correct springs to those who have faulty first, then they will fill any new additional orders.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for confirming that Aaron! :)

Agreed, Pedders will FIRST ship the correct springs to those who have faulty first, then they will fill any new additional orders.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I know customs and Canada do NOT go well together haha. Will see how it is once Turbotechracing ships them out! I'll keep everyone posted !

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.