Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a BNR tuned 2012 Cruze, trying to plan out what is the best route to go with upgrades.

I'm thinking, According to my logs the stock injectors are hitting ~90% duty, so bigger injectors are a must.
Water/Meth injection seems like a good early upgrade as well, easy to install and seems to have a huge improvement since it increases knock resistance (Which equals more boost ;D)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't think of anything else that would need to be upgraded right away, I eventually want to work my way to the BNR Turbo, but that might have to wait until the Canadian peso is worth a little more ;)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
From my research if you do not have a catless downpipe then that is a great upgrade, if possible. Water/meth is a great choice too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would probably want to go with forged pistons as well wouldn't I? More or less as a supporting mod

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at ~$5,550 Canadian for this list: Capture.PNG

I think that'll bring me to the edge of what the 1.4 can deliver correct? I heard that the next limiting factor is the fuel pump but nobody really has an upgrade for that yet...?
(Couldn't add the valve springs as they're currently out of stock)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get flex fuel kit and mix a little E85 in your 93... better than dealing with water meth injection IMO.
Would love to, But the nearest E85 Pump is about 6 hours away in Toronto, Any even then I think they only have 2 - 3 stations in the city that have it

·
Registered
576 Posts
I current have E85 with a BNR Tune. Either exhaust or handling are next. (After replacing the suspension)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would love to, But the nearest E85 Pump is about 6 hours away in Toronto, Any even then I think they only have 2 - 3 stations in the city that have it
Can yall buy fuel and have it shipped to house like we can do here in the states with race fuels? Then you can just buy and blend yourself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most Motocross racers around where I live get barrels of VP Racing Fuel, It is brutally expensive though so its not really practical to run in a car...

I'm not sure if I would be able to buy ethanol by the barrel or not... that's a very good point you've made

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my 3rd tune update from BNR yesterday, not too much has changed performance wise really but he said there should be a bit more power along with a faster turbo spool.

According to my logs i'm hitting 99% injector duty cycle (19PSI), That was on a 0-180 km/h pull. It's definitely time for bigger injectors

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, I don't even push the engine beyond 5500rpms. The stock injectors are screaming for mercy beyond that at 21psi. We leaned out the afr from 11.3 to 11.6 but it only gave a little bit of relief for the injectors. I just had BNR make an extra trans tune that keeps the WOT shift points around 5500rpms, since shifting there yielded the quickest time for me (15.0), and prevents the IDCs from exceeding 95%. Beyond 5500 I've seen over 100% IDC. Until I get injectors and coils; I'll never take the car above 5500rpms except in 1st gear. Meth injection would def help the stock injectors but Green Giants and E85 would be a more reliable source of high octane. Especially so for E85 setups on the new DI 1.4T. 100% E85 (pump) on PI setups have seen as high as 108oct, where as 100% E85 (pump) on DI configured engines have seen as high as 160oct.

Reactions: dtuerk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Water Meth is excellent
Home depot sells 50/50 mix for $2 gallon
It has me up around 220whp on stock injectors.

Im stuck on the stock injector because due too tuning limitations. Even BnR wont tune me. He only will do a re-cored gtx14. But i love my gtx26 size turbo, much more dramatic turbo noises, full boost at 3000 rpm, quick spool. More imporantly lower EGT's with enough room for track days finally.

Just need a haltec and injectors, or a really clever tune on stock ecu.
I should get hold of Morgan Walker, is he the MPfab guy?

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Water Meth is excellent

Im stuck on the stock injector because due too tuning limitations. Even BnR wont tune me. He only will do a re-cored gtx14. But i love my gtx26 size turbo, much more dramatic turbo noises, full boost at 3000 rpm, quick spool. More imporantly lower EGT's with enough room for track days finally.

I think water/meth is pretty much our only option here in Canada, maybe they figure its too cold up here for E85? ;). Did you build your own Exhaust manifold for the Turbonetics? Or fab up a flange for the existing manifold? I've been thinking about making my own turbo setup but besides BNR there isn't any way of getting a reliable tune in Ontario (That I can find).

A haltec is probably the best way to tune I would think, They actually don't even seem to cost that much considering what you get.

·
Vendor
972 Posts
Water Meth is excellent

I apologize, you did email us and I totally forgot to get back to you and you got buried under my pile of emails. I can definitely tune your car. What limitations are you talking about with the injectors?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I apologize, you did email us and I totally forgot to get back to you and you got buried under my pile of emails. I can definitely tune your car. What limitations are you talking about with the injectors?
Cant use a normal intake like the K&N kit,
So i have a hand built 3" intake with bypass return and 2 PCV returns
MAF tuning = Difficult

At this point im willing to take a second crack at it with EFI live and a pro helping me.
If your down to tune me; I would like to get a tune, 60lb injectors and maybe a fuel pump on order.
Im nervous after my last push self tuning with hp tuners, wreaked my valve seals and turbo seals

Reactions: dtuerk
1 - 18 of 18 Posts