Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 ECO 6 speed. Only thing done to it, has a drop in K&N air filter. Have been using NGK plugs for awhile. I was wondering what is the typical plug life with normal driving? This morning driving in, i had a LOT of plug blow out. It was bucking and jumping all over the place and i bet tonight on the way home, it will drive fine. I have also been running 89 octane.

Installed a set of NGK BKR7e maybe 4,000 miles ago......gapped at 0.030. I am going to try and pull the plugs one night this week and check the gaps.

Just wondering if anybody else has any input. I figured the plugs would last longer than 5 or 6,000 miles. Thought about going back to factory plugs, but dont know yet.

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Jack, short answer, my BKR7e plugs lasted 15,000 miles. We had another member who had the same plugs last 8,000 miles. The Cruze is hard on copper plugs. I'm currently running the NGK BKR8EIX plugs as are a few other members. Take a look at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/21850-hesitation-gone.html for a complete rundown on spark plugs for the 1.4T engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts