Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the day!! We picked up our 2019 Pacific Blue Metallic Cruze RS.

Man o man is it fun to drive!

We had GM performance exhaust and brakes installed before pickup.

We also installed the blue fled lights.

I swear the guys at the dealership gave me a BNR tune (lol) there is no limpness or lag .....

More to come..
Front.jpg Back.jpg Side.jpg Driver's floor.jpg Rear Floor.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some more new additions

Carbon Fiber Side mirrors
Red Tire Valve Caps
Red/Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Cover
Red Front Seat Covers

We went with red to offset the red RS badges and red brake calipers and we think it looks friggen cool...
Car Seats 2.jpg Carbon FIber Side Mirrors.jpg Red and Carbon Fiber Strreing Wheel Cover.jpg Red Tire Valve Caps.jpg Red Car Seat Covers from Windshield.jpg
We are going to Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrap the interior trim here soon....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I carbon fiber vinyl wrapped our cup holder console and radio trim.

The radio trim was a pain to get off.

The console was easy.

After 1 attempt and failure on the radio trim I learned from my mistakes.

You have to stretch the vinyl a bit and make sure you have an exacto knife.

Also make sure you wipe down the surface of your trim with rubbing alcohol. It makes the vinyl stick better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks good I like the matte finish. I went w gloss on mine so it's cool to see what yours looks like. What brand/type did you go with?

Also I learned this from my first attempt, make sure you post heat. Definitely do that and a hair dryer probably won't cut it unless it has a super high heat level. If you don't you'll more than likely end up with bubbles after a couple weeks of it sitting in the sun. That's what happened on mine.

Also, man, everything about that top trim piece is the biggest pain in the ass right!?? Ugh haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good I like the matte finish. I went w gloss on mine so it's cool to see what yours looks like. What brand/type did you go with?

Also I learned this from my first attempt, make sure you post heat. Definitely do that and a hair dryer probably won't cut it unless it has a super high heat level. If you don't you'll more than likely end up with bubbles after a couple weeks of it sitting in the sun. That's what happened on mine.

Also, man, everything about that top trim piece is the biggest pain in the ass right!?? Ugh haha
Went with Vivid brand. They had the best ratings.

Yea the radio trim didn't want to come out and I was concerned about applying to much force and breaking a clip so I just wiggled and slowly applied more pressure.

My wife's hair dryer gets pretty stinking hot and it worked well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah that piece is a real pain. I had a cell phone repair kit that comes with those plastic spudgers and mini pry sticks which worked well. You really do have to pull to the point of thinking you'll break it though which is nerve wracking.

Oh that's good!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I would Luke to see some pics of your gloss carbon fiber wrap

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday we picked our RS back up from Ziebart..

It was a tad pricey but completely worth every penny.

Things we had done:

* Front End Paint Film Protection

* Complete Body Rust Protection

* Underbody Sound Barrier

* Interior Cloth Treatment

* Thermal Window Tinting

* 7 Year Extreme Hard Shell Complete Body Ceramic Coating

The car is completely Hydrophobic now..

It looks incredible and I am completely satisfied with the service from Ziebart..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
2019CruzeRSAEM
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing