Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time no see. We are having an issue with my wife's 2014 Cruze LT.

Vehicle Info:
1.4L Turbo
Auto Trans
~108,000 miles

Issue:
Since we got the car (2014), we've had no issues with the car going over the mountain. It has a pretty decent grade, but was always able to maintain the 45mph + speed limit. The last few days, we get so far up and the car feels like it falls flat on its face. I quickly begin to decelerate while the car can still down shift and hit 4500 RPM's, but there's no pick up. If I shut the car off for a few mins, it's like nothing ever happened. It will not have this issue going home over the same mountain. No CEL. I really don't want to have to get rid of the car just yet.

I can't see it being the transmission, because it shifts fine, but at the same time, its not displacing the power to the wheels. The other thought I had was the turbo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the Turbo?
I can't map it, I don't have the tools. But its seems to be around the same spot each time. Wastegate maybe? the actuator rod is a little rusted and flaked, maybe not allowing it to work properly?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the wastegate out, no play whatsoever. Still lost on what it could be.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,685 Posts
It is probably triggering an underboost code, which puts the car into limp mode. After several recurrences, it will trigger a check engine light.

Before replacing the turbo, boost leak or smoke test the turbo plumbing. The hose at the throttle body is a very common leaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts