Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 1.8 auto needed a new engine. I've replaced the engine only, using the original harness.
After I finished hooking everything back up and filling the oil and coolant, it has a no crank issue.
There is power at the starter and if you jump the solenoid it will crank but not start.
With the key on, all lights on the dash come on, but if I turn the key to crank, the dash and display lose all power and no sounds or cranking happens.
I've checked all fuses and relays. I'm running out of things to check before I start taking everything apart again.

I'm hoping someone here can think of some ideas that I cant think of.
Thanks for any help!
o_O

·
Registered
856 Posts
Our old Mitsubishi Eclipse did that and turned out to be that the negative battery clamp was heavily corroded internally. It was a 2 piece clamp (sleeve and clamp) that had a terrible infestation of corrosion between the clamp and sleeve. New solid clamp fixed it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went through and checked every connector on the wiring harness.
I checked the wire from the rack. It looks fine, it is not something I touched during the engine replacement.
I've jumped the negative battery cable to rule that out.

I'm starting to think it is the antitheft or immobilizer. Does anyone know a specific way to reset this? Im reading so many different methods online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2013 1.8 auto needed a new engine. I've replaced the engine only, using the original harness.
After I finished hooking everything back up and filling the oil and coolant, it has a no crank issue.
There is power at the starter and if you jump the solenoid it will crank but not start.
With the key on, all lights on the dash come on, but if I turn the key to crank, the dash and display lose all power and no sounds or cranking happens.
I've checked all fuses and relays. I'm running out of things to check before I start taking everything apart again.

Thanks for any help!
o_O
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruz with a 1.4 for about my mother is blue I had to replace it with the information out of a 2013 Using the original computer and wiring harness the car has no power to the light car will not turn over all clean and I was thinking my issue is does the computer have to be reprogrammed for all this to work The car drives fine before and now it won’t do anything Key is stuck in ingition help

·
Registered
8 Posts
After I finished hooking everything back up and filling the oil and coolant, it has a
I've checked all fuses and relays. I'm running out of things to check

I'm hoping someone here can think of some
I've checked all fuses and relays. I'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only problem I had is that I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze With 1.4 and I put a 2013 Chevy Cruz 1.4 L engine in my 2012 using the same computer after everything was put back in and with new battery and stuff none of the cars interior lights outside lights car will not crank or turn over at all I don’t know what happened everything worked before when I had my original motor using the original computer as well and it works fine to replace the engine so I don’t know if my computer needs to be reprogrammed for everything to work again or not it’s a newer car I’ve never had to have a computer program on engine swap if that’s the case y’all need to let me know cause I’m going to GM to find out tomorrow I thought that maybe something wasn’t hooked up right but everything is hooked up correct

·
COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
876 Posts
check the main fuse / fuseable link ? sounds like your not getting power

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks for any help!
o_O
Hello, I have the same problem. I put a 2013 engine into my 2015 and it wont crank. It does a bunch of wierd things when I turn the key on, wipers go on, lights flashing, etc...
I went underneath and jumped the starter and it turns over as it should. I beleive it is probably a security system / anti theft problem. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your car and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only problem I had is that I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze With 1.4 and I put a 2013 Chevy Cruz 1.4 L engine in my 2012 using the same computer after everything was put back in and with new battery and stuff none of the cars interior lights outside lights car will not crank or turn over at all I don’t know what happened everything worked before when I had my original motor using the original computer as well and it works fine to replace the engine so I don’t know if my computer needs to be reprogrammed for everything to work again or not it’s a newer car I’ve never had to have a computer program on engine swap if that’s the case y’all need to let me know cause I’m going to GM to find out tomorrow I thought that maybe something wasn’t hooked up right but everything is hooked up correct
Hello, I have the same problem with my 2015 cruze. Did you fix the problem and how did you do it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went through and checked every connector on the wiring harness.
I checked the wire from the rack. It looks fine, it is not something I touched during the engine replacement.
I've jumped the negative battery cable to rule that out.

I'm starting to think it is the antitheft or immobilizer. Does anyone know a specific way to reset this? Im reading so many different methods online.
Did you get it fixed? If so, what was your issue? I am experiencing identical symptoms after an engine change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you get it fixed? If so, what was your issue? I am experiencing identical symptoms after an engine change.
Correction....everything went perfectly with my engine change, I just didn't know that this model wouldn't start without a foot on the clutch, since I bought it as a project and had never driven it. I was always taught to start a manual in neutral, with a foot on the brake and that riding the clutch was a bad habit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same problem. But also slightly. For some reason getting a clicking consistently from starter relay in fuse box. Also as soon as ignition is in on there is a constant 10 volts to starter remote wire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts