Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my injen CAI today. After some reading on here I used a screen mesh to make an air strainer before the maf. It makes sense why you'd do this, just take a look in the factory pipe after the filter. After I cut the piece to size I simply bent it around the pipe a bit and slipped the coupling on to secure it. Works great. Also, what the purpose of the white cotton junk on the inside of the fender well? Noise reduction?? Is that important to leave on? 0524150114.jpg 0524150117.jpg
I am happy with it thus far, came with everything for a nice clean install, filter fitment is a bit tight though. Cleaned up the slightly rough idle, smoother/peppier acceleration in higher gears at lower rpms, and slightly better mpgs. The turbo is now audible but not over bearing, and the BOV sounds excellent.
Despite how-tos and the included instructions, bumper removal is not at all necessary unless you just have to get the first piece of pipe out that runs under the headlight. Taking the tire off and unscrewing/unclipping the fender well allows you plenty of access to get the resonator box out and install the new stuff. I was very happy to find out it was manageable, I really didn't want to mess with even pulling the one side free. And I mean this as in I did not have to bend the bumper either, I wasn't about to risk spidering the paint so I would have if needed, but really, unless you just have to get the first bit of pipe out, it's not worth it imo.

I was very surprised to find no drip tube though. Everything I have read on here, and in the included instructions talk about it. I thought perhaps the previous owner had already removed it but upon further investigation the spot on the filter box it should feed into was manufactured with it closed off. Did they change this on the 2014 model or this something funky? 0524150119.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
I never removed it sorry no info for you. I know about that because when I bought the car I under coated underneath so I needed to take a few things off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts