Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some were waiting for fogs on new Cruze models. Just had a conversation with with GM customer care via private messaging here. Much to my disappointment, fog light kit will not be available for the new Cruze models. Fog lights will only be available on RS models.

It's ridiculous this part/kit is not available, considering non-US models with the same trim levels have them. Some standard.

Hopefully kits from these non-us cars show up on eBay after parting out.

Such a bummer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was talking to my gm parts desk today and his rep has a part number and says a kit will be available early 2017. that's for a second gen LT non hatch vehicle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was talking to my gm parts desk today and his rep has a part number and says a kit will be available early 2017. that's for a second gen LT non hatch vehicle.
I'll believe it when I see it. I've got that future part number as well. I go in every for an oil change every quarter and ask the parts department, and their defacto response is early next quarter/3 months. I managed to go on ebay and find all the required parts from other global cruzes and installed them myself (excluding factory push button, although I'm thinking this is easily possible, and will attempt when it's warmer)... I've been waiting since April, not holding my breath!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. I've got that future part number as well. I go in every for an oil change every quarter and ask the parts department, and their defacto response is early next quarter/3 months. I managed to go on ebay and find all the required parts from other global cruzes and installed them myself (excluding factory push button, although I'm thinking this is easily possible, and will attempt when it's warmer)... I've been waiting since April, not holding my breath!
did you get the washer jug also the drivers side fog light hits it and has a different design with fogs

foglight.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I managed to buy the whole assembly from ebay and it fit right in. I had to remove the bumper to do so. Where did you get that diagram, that'll actually help with trying to get my button to work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before I found the factory assembly, I ordered an aftermarket cover that came in today. Took awhile to ship.

I decided to install it as well... as the LED DRL and Turn signal indicators would add some flare. So far so good on the aftermarket piece, it does protrude slightly where it meets the OEM trim, but I can sand that down when it's warmer so it's completely flush.. Excuse the winter salt on the car:

IMG_20161214_125936.jpg

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Before I found the factory assembly, I ordered an aftermarket cover that came in today. Took awhile to ship.

View attachment 213282
Where's the cover that's mentioned in the attached picture? Also was the wiring already present or did you have to install wiring, lights, and the switch inside the car?

GEN 1 has the wiring between the current headlight switch and the fuze box, but the factory kit requires installation of the lights, and running power from the fuze box to the lights.

Looks good from a distance!

Reactions: Merc6 and shockz

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The cover you see in the picture I got from ebay, right now I only see one seller, here, who is selling it a bit more than when I bought it:
for Chevrolet Cruze LED DRL Daytime Running Lights w/ Fog Driving Lamp Cover | eBay

It'll come with a wiring harness and controller for the LED strip on it, that you can splice into your headlight wiring for DRLs and then turn signals as well, that'll flash yellow/amber when signal is on.

The cover can have an OEM foglight installed behind it, it does not come with one, instead a reflective punch out where a foglight would go is present. For those that don't want to wire up a foglight, you could probably epoxy that punch out to make it permanent.

I did obtain a factory fog light assembly and harness, that included the cover, fog light assembly... basically a kit without the button for the interior to turn it on. It was a tight squeeze but it all fit. I wired up my own switch as I'm not sure how involved it'd be to get the factory one going. I plan on tackling that in the Spring, hopefully someone figures that all out before then lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Added some new gas filled white head lights along with LED TUBES. Very satisfied with them as they also change color. Hooked them up to the blinkers so they change to orange and blink when blinkers are on. All for under $25!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The saga continues... after being told by GM rep here that these would not be available, they finally showed up on the Cruze accessories page on chevy.com.

I've gone to three different dealers, as well as GMPartsDirect and have gotten no where.

The one dealer I went to actually managed to successfully order the kit, but just as it was being shipped from warehouse, it changed to back order. From then the part number changed, to an old superceded one, and then back again, then back to old one again.

Who knew fog lights would be like finding the holy grail for this thing. Should of just shelled out the extra grand and got the RS model and called it a day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last update: GM called us and said they are releasing these for production/dealer/supplier channels, however they had to pull them back for inspections after a quality issue was identified in some kits. Once the issue is remedied, they will be pushing them out. No ETA.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Local dealer here ( Ontario Canada) informed me today that gm is still fine tuning the kit and should be ready and in stock end of march. tho the parts manager here did not have high hopes for a end of march ship date is thinking more mid April.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My factory foglight kit came in today and I picked it up!! So excited.

I will however break with tradition of installing this myself, as the kit comes with the new windshield fluid reservoir to accommodate foglight, and that requires bumper removal and extraction of old one. No thanks.

I'm thinking the delay might of been documentation related. Looks like I got a revision along side an original.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My factory foglight kit came in today and I picked it up!! So excited.

I will however break with tradition of installing this myself, as the kit comes with the new windshield fluid reservoir to accommodate foglight, and that requires bumper removal and extraction of old one. No thanks.

I'm thinking the delay might of been documentation related. Looks like I got a revision along side an original.
What part number did you end up receiving?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts