Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread. Very informative information if you go read the details of every model. A CNG Cruze for 2019.. I'm guessing that will be like the Impala a few years ago, and never really make it into mainstream US dealerships.

The LUV old 1.4L GEN 1 Engine survives in the Sonic.. Wow.. I thought some of the old W-Body Impala's were really held the old powertrains for a long time!

·
Registered
689 Posts
This would have upset me prior to Sept. Traded in my 2012 for a 2003 Jeep TJ 5 speed and have no plans of ever trading her in.

But it's not good news for manual trans fans.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I saw that - definitely not good but not surprising either. Chevrolet pulled out of the European market which is the primary market left for stick shifts.

What I'm somewhat surprised is the Voltec drivetrain won't be an option. The Cruze was the testbed for the Volt so we know this is possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let's hope it's not true. I would think they would at least want to continue to offer it in the Diesel since it gives them the 52 MPG advertising/bragging point.

·
10,712 Posts
Anyone got numbers produced on stickshifts? Most brands here in NEOH refuse to even order manuals. Go to a lot and Vette SS and Maro are all autos. The outcry for manuals seem to be online only.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Interesting... Low trim or fleet cars are all manual without even an optional AT (without going to a higher trim) in China. So i guess there is a market here. Makes me wonder though why the DCT is only available in China and they obviously choose to go with a CVT in NA.

·
10,712 Posts
Interesting... Low trim or fleet cars are all manual without even an optional AT (without going to a higher trim) in China. So i guess there is a market here. Makes me wonder though why the DCT is only available in China and they obviously choose to go with a CVT in NA.
In a few cars like my Accord, the CVT gets way better MPG. Their reasoning was they take most of the driver interaction out of the equation and blame the fuel trim fluxuations when you lift throttle every time to shift a gear. In a well powered car like the 18 Accord 2.0T manual I could hang out longer in whatever gear where My current 2.4 manual may fall out of the power band a bit and needs to be downshifted for 2 to 3 more seconds then shift back up again. Compared to the Cruze there is times I have to hold a higher rpm vs shifting out of power where the Cruze wanted you to get to the highest gear fast as possible or be in boost.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would have never ever bought a 2018 Cruze if the manual wasn't available. I searched long and hard (2 months) to finally find one 400 km away from where I live that had the options I wanted (RS package, keyless entry and Nightfall Grey).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that's a bad move. My 2012 gets 33 MPG in the city and over 35 on the highway at 70 MPH. Will never buy another automatic. I love my Cruze ECO Manual!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts