Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving tonight the stabilitrack, and traction control light came on, dic saved service both, service power steering and the speedometer stayed pinned at the speed I was going. I pulled over twice turned the car on and off and none of the above went off and the speedometer did not change. So, I get home turn it off for 30 seconds and the car will not start, tried it about 5 times and than it finally did. Anyone have any clue what is going on?

·
Registered
63 Posts
My guess is there's some sort of serious electrical panel issue. Likely there's something going on with the underhood electrical panel.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Get your codes checked out by your dealer. When a moderate/serious failure occurs, your car will disable ABS, Stabilitrak, Traction instantly. As for the other disables, I don't know, maybe a critter got to your underhood wires.

·
Registered
682 Posts
ECU or EBCM problem. I had the same thing happen to my car, without the speedometer issue though. Turns out it was as faulty EBCM module and had to be replaced... twice....

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
While driving tonight the stabilitrack, and traction control light came on, dic saved service both, service power steering and the speedometer stayed pinned at the speed I was going. I pulled over twice turned the car on and off and none of the above went off and the speedometer did not change. So, I get home turn it off for 30 seconds and the car will not start, tried it about 5 times and than it finally did. Anyone have any clue what is going on?

rich2173,
I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealership and have them look into this for you. If you would like I can contact your dealer and schedule an appointment for you. If you would like me to do so please send me a PM with your name, phone number and VIN. Please keep me posted on this issue. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue -- three times!

I have same issue - this is the third time now - and my car only has 3900 miles on it. The first time I took it in they said a sensor had corrosion... really? With less than 1000 miles on it? Second time it happened it only happened for about 10-15 minutes but didn't take car in. Well today same issue but warning haven't turned off ... taking it in again this evening and not looking forward to the same BS I am sure I will receive. And to think, how awesome, I haven't even made my first payment. I bought this as a third reliable vehicle to just drive back and forth to work and for running family errands so we do not put a ton of miles on our luxury vehicles. The dealership's solution for my inconvenience was to give me a new Cadillac for a rental since the top of the model Cruze was not available... really?! How ridiculous... No one ever called me or anything other than to want me to rate them a 5. Not going to happen. The dealership has been less than accomodating and no one seems to really care. Thanks Bill Jacobs of Joliet.

·
5,722 Posts
I have same issue - this is the third time now - and my car only has 3900 miles on it. The first time I took it in they said a sensor had corrosion... really? With less than 1000 miles on it? Second time it happened it only happened for about 10-15 minutes but didn't take car in. Well today same issue but warning haven't turned off ... taking it in again this evening and not looking forward to the same BS I am sure I will receive. And to think, how awesome, I haven't even made my first payment. I bought this as a third reliable vehicle to just drive back and forth to work and for running family errands so we do not put a ton of miles on our luxury vehicles. The dealership's solution for my inconvenience was to give me a new Cadillac for a rental since the top of the model Cruze was not available... really?! How ridiculous... No one ever called me or anything other than to want me to rate them a 5. Not going to happen. The dealership has been less than accomodating and no one seems to really care. Thanks Bill Jacobs of Joliet.

I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with your vehicle. I understand your concern as well as frustration with this issue. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost the same issue

I am the owner of a pre-owned 2012 Cruze LT without 18,000 kms.
I have been experiencing some similar issues. After starting the car and putting it into drive, I went about 20 feet and the car seemed liked it stalled or came close to stalling. I lost power steering, radio went off and service stability track message displayed on the DIC. This all lasted only for about a second or two then the car went back to normal. I stopped the car and put it into park. All seemed fine so I put it into drive, still with brake applied and it all happened again but the car never actually stalled. Put back into park and waited about 30 seconds, put it back in drive and all was fine. Until I pulled into a drive through to order lunch and it all happened again and I almost ended up driving threw the menu.
I took it to my dealer and of course they couldn't replicate the problem. Nothing showed up on any of their computers. Test drive after test drive they couldn't find anything. I am now scared to death to drive this car and even more scared to let my son drive it.

has anyone else experience this type of issue?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Find a different dealership immediately. The fact that they haven't found a problem this serious in two previous tries tells me the chances of them finding the problem on the third try are somewhere between fat and slim chance.

·
5,722 Posts
I am the owner of a pre-owned 2012 Cruze LT without 18,000 kms.
I have been experiencing some similar issues. After starting the car and putting it into drive, I went about 20 feet and the car seemed liked it stalled or came close to stalling. I lost power steering, radio went off and service stability track message displayed on the DIC. This all lasted only for about a second or two then the car went back to normal. I stopped the car and put it into park. All seemed fine so I put it into drive, still with brake applied and it all happened again but the car never actually stalled. Put back into park and waited about 30 seconds, put it back in drive and all was fine. Until I pulled into a drive through to order lunch and it all happened again and I almost ended up driving threw the menu.
I took it to my dealer and of course they couldn't replicate the problem. Nothing showed up on any of their computers. Test drive after test drive they couldn't find anything. I am now scared to death to drive this car and even more scared to let my son drive it.

has anyone else experience this type of issue?
I am very sorry to hear that you're having these same concerns with your vehicle and that it has caused you to feel unsafe. I notice in your post that you mention Kilometers. Are you located outside the U.S.? I just want to be sure that I direct you to the appropriate directory for any assistance you may need.

Ashley (assisting Stacy)
Chevy Customer Service

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem solved...Stabilitrak and power steering

I just have a comment regarding this issue...I too had the same issue with my Equinox and started to google...Instead of paying $100 just to have the vehicle looked at, then pay for the repair...I thought google may help first...I found that the equinox and pt cruisers have this issue all the time when the car gets a jump. The fuse blows because the fuse is located on the Battery box. It is placed right between the negative and positive, so the Amp, in turn, will blow. This controls the power steering, as it is electrical and does not use power steering fluid. So I found that I needed an 80 AMP Megafuse, it was impossible to find in my town. Could find every type of fuse, except the 80 AMP...I came across the city mechanics who advised that if I used a 100 Amp, it would not harm my car and it's for protection...last resort, I used the AMP and my Equinox had no more issues...the AMP cost me $6 bucks and I got it from Napa!! Don't go spending money if you can resolve it yourself...Good luck!

·
5,722 Posts
I can assist you nikstoy. Please send me your VIN, current mileage and a brief description of the issue by private message.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leonard, did they ever find out what was wrong with the Cruze. I am in the same boat, took it to the dealer and the computer showed nothing wrong so of course they send it back. I to purchased this for our daughter to drive 40 miles one way to school, and am afraid to have her drive it. Something I wouldn't have expected with a car with only 17,000 miles. Please let me know. I mentioned the BCM to them yesterday, I will see if they checked it. Probably not, because of course if the computer doesn't show anything they won't look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the site, and have posted some reply's but don't know if they have been seen. I to am having the same problem and would like to know if anyone has had a solution. If it is in fact a bad BCM I will tell the dealership to check that as it is in the shop now and they said they couldn't find anything wrong, because of course the Computer didn't show anything. Radio goes off, dash lights go off, check traction, check stability, check power steering (loss of power steering for about 1/2 mile) All these things happened three days in a wrong. NOT something that you would expect from a 2012 with 18,000 miles. IF this dealership does not find something I will take to every GM dealership within a 50 mile radius until a solution is found. I feel this is BS especially with a car that still has a factory warranty.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
New to the site, and have posted some reply's but don't know if they have been seen. I to am having the same problem and would like to know if anyone has had a solution. If it is in fact a bad BCM I will tell the dealership to check that as it is in the shop now and they said they couldn't find anything wrong, because of course the Computer didn't show anything. Radio goes off, dash lights go off, check traction, check stability, check power steering (loss of power steering for about 1/2 mile) All these things happened three days in a wrong. NOT something that you would expect from a 2012 with 18,000 miles. IF this dealership does not find something I will take to every GM dealership within a 50 mile radius until a solution is found. I feel this is BS especially with a car that still has a factory warranty.
Going to a different dealership is a good idea. It sounds to me like the one you've been going to is staffed by trained monkeys (sorry for the insult monkeys). It just floors me how many dealerships won't go the extra mile for a major problem like this.

·
5,722 Posts
If anyone ever needs assistance finding a dealership/service department in your area just send me your zip code and I will gladly locate one for you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had the same issue last week. The dealership (Rotolo Chevrolet) found a TSB on the wires to the ECU and FCM having bad connections. The Cruze was in and out in one day they even showed me the wires that were replaced. So if the dealer checks with the factory they will see the TSB for this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issues, 2012 Cruze LT 9.1k miles. Actually this is my 2nd time that it has happened. I had the first incident almost 1 year ago, the car had only 3k miles. I had the car towed to my local Chevy dealer, "Bill Jacobs Joliet". They kept the car for two days and they finally said that they only found a lose connection but could not replicate the incident. Today I was at my local post office when I experience the same issue again. I turned off the car for a few minutes then restarted it. I drove the car directly to the dealer since it was less then a mile away. They couldn't get to the car today, so they sent my home on a rental. Can wait to see what type of explanation they give me this time. I will mention to them about the EBCM and the TBS mention previously.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts