Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

No power to trunk area of 2012 Chevy Cruze

1864 Views 14 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Taxi.Dad
I'm not getting any power to the electrical items on the trunk of my 2012 Chevy Cruze, 1.8L. The trunk won't open through the key or manual switch, I don't have any lights on the license plate, and the inner tail lights are not lit. The upper brake light, trunk light and outer tail lights all work.

I checked the fuse #16 (trunk release) and it is fine. I pulled the liners from the lid and sides, and I don't see any disconnected wires.

What should I check? Please be specific as I don't have a lot of automotive experience and I just recently acquired this vehicle. Thank you for any help.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
885 Posts
Didn't see any broken wires. Where do all those wire go? Do they plug into a BCM somewhere? If so, is there a fuse specifically for that group of wires or that part of the BCM? I see a number of fuses labeled "BCM", but I cannot find what those fuses are for.
I was gonna reply last night but forgot. Looks like all your wiring leads back to BCM X4, X6 connectors. Inner tail lights and license plate lights on X4. exterior trunk switch on X6. You can unplug connector from BCM and check for open and shorts in cabling. Might just be a common ground between all that is open.

· Premium Member
885 Posts
Thank you, Maqcro1, for the BCM numbers. Checked the fuses for those and they were fine. Will pull the BCM and check the wiring on those when I get some time over the next few days.
I’ll have to get the exact pin from each connector to test. Maybe I’ll have time later today to send it over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts