Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a lack of power/hesitation when I accelerate to pass a car or just speed up. I hit the gas and it's like I did nothing. I can let off the gas and hit it again harder to force a down shift and it does fine. Is it just in a weird RPM with no turbo boost or maybe a trans shift issue? It's a 2015 LTZ RS 1.4T auto with 26k miles, and it's not throwing any codes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check all the connections on the air intake and MAF sensor. My guess is what you're experiencing is this; the car is producing no boost. This can be caused by different things, but most likely something is leaking. The bypass valve is probably being forced open by the computer and is doing so because of the leak. This is somewhat of a safety feature for the drivetrain. Is your electric fan powered on this entire time? This could indicate the car is in LIMP mode. None-the-less disconnect the negative terminal on your battery and see where that gets you. You'll most likely get a prompt to put your drivers window down and then back up.

Let us know how this works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know about the electric fan running since I'm in the car driving but I'll give the battery disconnect a try and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What grade of gas? What's the air temp? While the car will run on regular, it needs something more in warm weather.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been running mid grade 89, non ethanol with temps around here anywhere from 50-90F the last week or two.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I've noticed a lack of power/hesitation when I accelerate to pass a car or just speed up. I hit the gas and it's like I did nothing. I can let off the gas and hit it again harder to force a down shift and it does fine. Is it just in a weird RPM with no turbo boost or maybe a trans shift issue? It's a 2015 LTZ RS 1.4T auto with 26k miles, and it's not throwing any codes.
Hello Hump66,

I apologize that you're having acceleration concerns with your Cruze. Have you made your dealership aware of this yet? I'd be more than willing to assist you in setting up a service appointment if you're interested. Please send me a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information, and your preferred dealership to move forward with assistance.

Have a good weekend!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks for the response! I guess I'm still not used to having a warranty on a car since this is my first new car purchase. If I need to I can get ahold of my local dealer to have it looked at. Thanks again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I got it figured out last night. I was messing with the shifter trying to replicate the issue and noticed that it will not go into 6th gear at or below around 41MPH, I get a shift denied message. At 42 or above it will. I think I must be doing around that speed and it happens to go into 6th gear for some reason, not so great for accelerating, thus the need to force a downshift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts