Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

No readings from tcm after e85 kit install

651 14
Hey so i just installed the e85 kit from bnr and now my tcm isnt reading properly. Do i need to replace the whole unit of would i simply need to rewire something?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· The Nuclear Option
5,870 Posts
Hey so i just installed the e85 kit from bnr and now my tcm isnt reading properly. Do i need to replace the whole unit of would i simply need to rewire something?
Did you wire the E85 kit correctly?

If you did, it could be a tuning or flashing issue if the TCM was flashed?

@[email protected]

· Vendor
1,045 Posts

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Cool, well I bought the tune now... probably will buy the E85 kit also for the future.
Cool! You'll need larger injectors to run E85, and the flex fuel sensor if you want flex fuel capability, but if you dont mind switching tunes to switch fuels, you just need bigger injectors and a tune update.

· Registered
256 Posts
Cool! You'll need larger injectors to run E85, and the flex fuel sensor if you want flex fuel capability, but if you dont mind switching tunes to switch fuels, you just need bigger injectors and a tune update.
Ah, so tunes are easy to switch?
I'll consider it in the future, I would only be interested in it for the flexibility of fuels since I only really care about the gas mileage benefits and I know that E85 won't net better mileage by itself however maybe I could find a better blend than E15.....
Anyway it is good to know I don't NEED the sensor right now, I can always choose in the future.

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Ah, so tunes are easy to switch?
I'll consider it in the future, I would only be interested in it for the flexibility of fuels since I only really care about the gas mileage benefits and I know that E85 won't net better mileage by itself however maybe I could find a better blend than E15.....
Anyway it is good to know I don't NEED the sensor right now, I can always choose in the future.
Yeah tunes take just a few minutes to switch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts