Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the engine and transmission from a 2012 Cruse for an off road buggy. The engine will not start now, no spark. The engine came from a junkyard motor with 17,000 miles showing. I have gone through everything but cannot find a problem. Is there anyone out there I can talk to and find out what I am missing. Please email me it is much easier that way.
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
Problem most likely is that you dont have the computer(Bcm/Ecm) with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
I replied to him on email and he said he does have the ECM and something to bypass the BCM and follow this setup of someone else has done this so......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Did he run the engine first before pulling it? Sometimes those get messed up in an accident.

How about the fuel pump?

Will the ecm work without the bcm? Even though he has a bypass.
All the sensors?

It might be cheaper and easier to just go the old conventional route. Before electronics.

Is he using the trans also? Will that work without the module.

Too many variables.

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
The last email he sent me, he mentioned something about the trifecta tune, not necessarily installed. So I mentioned checking your latest reply on CT as I can't play go between for this issue. I hope he finds his answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
Now this guy is telling me CT won't let him in Something about his email being used by someone else? We dont use email to log in. Wants to get in. I did notice this is his first post in a year.? Sorry I contacted him!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'll tell you what patman you didn't see what I did when I tried twice too log in. The site both times said that my email was being used by someone else and told me to log on to it to get there. The first time I logged on there was a problem I had forgotten my password so I reset it. That is when the problems started. It's typical for someone to say what you did without knowing all the facts. As far as me not being on this site for awhile, the same thing is happening now as then. There doesn't seem to be anyone one on here that can or will help, so I think that I will go elsewhere to find help. There seems to be a lot of good people on here but it only takes a few to ruin it. If you are one that can do it delete me from this site, I will check to see if you leave this last post by me.

·
Administrator
25,035 Posts
Well I'll tell you what patman you didn't see what I did when I tried twice too log in. The site both times said that my email was being used by someone else and told me to log on to it to get there. The first time I logged on there was a problem I had forgotten my password so I reset it. That is when the problems started. It's typical for someone to say what you did without knowing all the facts. As far as me not being on this site for awhile, the same thing is happening now as then. There doesn't seem to be anyone one on here that can or will help, so I think that I will go elsewhere to find help. There seems to be a lot of good people on here but it only takes a few to ruin it. If you are one that can do it delete me from this site, I will check to see if you leave this last post by me.
Site login issues are not something the volunteer staff can deal with. I have asked the AutoGuide staff to investigate just in case something strange happened. Taking out your frustrations on a moderator isn't necessarily the best way to win friends on this forum as almost everyone who has done so has been jumped on by other members. We're all volunteers and do this to hopefully maintain the forum as a useful place for people to come talk about their Cruzen.

·
Administrator
25,035 Posts
I pulled the engine and transmission from a 2012 Cruse for an off road buggy. The engine will not start now, no spark. The engine came from a junkyard motor with 17,000 miles showing. I have gone through everything but cannot find a problem. Is there anyone out there I can talk to and find out what I am missing. Please email me it is much easier that way.
[email protected]
Most of the members here don't take their engines out for other purposes. There was a thread here several years ago about a guy who used the 1.4T engine on his air boat. He had to do a lot of work to make it run simply because this engine is computer controlled. I don't know what he had to go through, just that he made it work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts