Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. My name is Ed and I am new to the site I have a question if anyone can help me out with a 2017 Chevy Cruze hatchback it was running fine then my wife said it started to sputter and then it died. The engine cranks over but will not start. I got it home I cleaned out air filter sprayed some starting fluid in it and it ran for about 3 minutes the car has 70,000 miles on it I put new plugs in it change the air filter and remove the mass airflow sensor in case it was bad. Any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is getting fuel fuses fine I had a friend pull up a couple codes on it the only one code that I think that might keep it from running was a timing code we also checked it for spark and it was fine but I replace the plugs anyway they were pretty bad from a lot of highway driving it's just weird how I got it running again for a couple minutes and then it stopped

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any Codes....Sounds like the fuel pump.
The car is getting fuel and the fuse is fine it's just weird how I got it home and got it running for a few minutes but I did put new plugs in it because of all the highway miles they were pretty bad the only code I could think that might stop it is a timing code that pulled up

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The car may be getting fuel but is it enough fuel.

Fuel injection needs 60 psi to run. 50 psi might not be enough.

I'm not sure on the actual numbers these days. But seems like my obd read 60. On my 17.

When I was wrenching. Had quite a few cars not running with 45 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts