Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Cruze.The car will not start at odd times no rhyme or reason to predict when it will happen.It will usually start if you get out and jiggle the neg cable.The dealer who has been very goo to this point says all tsb or recall work has been done and it has not occurred while they have the car.This includes the neg cable replacement.no start continues.to occur.Things starting to get a little testy between me and dealer.Asked me what do you want us to do?My answer is fix the problem.Can I just run another ground wire to frame or body?Can't be worse than it is now.Any help will greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
The TSB for the negative battery cable doesn't require the dealer duplicate the symptoms. They will get paid for the warranty replacement based on customer complaint only. Private Message our Chevy Customer Care account with your name, VIN, and dealership and see if they can get your dealer off their collective asses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They said they have replaced the neg cable already.Where do i find the customer care account?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,I do want to say that the dealer has been great until today.I felt that they had done every thing they could on some other issues.Maybe they were just having a bad day or they are as frustrated as I am with the car.I'm trying to give them every chance to get it running correctly.I think they are a good dealer.Will use customer care as a last resort because I do not want anyone to think they are a poor dealership.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Do you have a volt meter? It might be worth picking up a cheap one and doing some tests the next time the car does that. Put the leads on the battery post itself and see if you've got power when cranking.

One of our members reported that his negative cable did not clamp properly - there should be a gap in the clamp. If there isn't, then the clamp has closed onto itself and isn't gripping the battery post properly.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I suppose it could be the battery itself.
Possible. And a spark inside the battery could be nasty - as in igniting hydrogen gas. (Can you say, Ka-boom?). Be careful around this until you figure it out.

In fact, I think I'll change my answer. Clean the post and clamp. Make sure the clamp does clamp down on the post (leaving a gap in the clamp). If that doesn't do it, change battery.

If it is the battery, I'd say there's a significant risk of explosion - and resulting injury. Not worth it. Since the cable itself has been changed, there isn't much left after the steps above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealership is coming to get it Tuesday.I videoed the attempt to start it and jiggling the neg cable to get power to start.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thanks,I do want to say that the dealer has been great until today.I felt that they had done every thing they could on some other issues.Maybe they were just having a bad day or they are as frustrated as I am with the car.I'm trying to give them every chance to get it running correctly.I think they are a good dealer.Will use customer care as a last resort because I do not want anyone to think they are a poor dealership.
Hi Yjmcb,

I'm here to help if you need me! Just send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealer info. I would be more than happy to add another layer of assistance to this. Looking forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 14 of 14 Posts