Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive been here enough to notice this in other members. For those who have remote start maybe 2-10 remote starts wont start. the procedure is to lock the doors then hold remote start. i double lock my doors till i hear the horn acknowledge and flashers blink. then i hold remote start for about 3 seconds then the flashers acknowledge and 1 second later it starts. Well i have multiple videos in a few months span that show me doing the procedure correctly and the flashers acknowledge the start command but it just doesn't do it. yesterday mine did it and we had a 14 CTD in for the same issues.

I have two RO from the dealer where i work stating they "Fixed it" and still happens. im going to have our service manager email my videos and statement showing he has verified this....

WE all need to document this so GM knows its an issue with software and send out a update software, because there current software fix aint doing it

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Mine does a false start once in a while, but not often enough to be a concern. I think my case is a bit different though, as it goes through the motions, starts then immediately stops. I remote start it pretty much every time I walk up to it, and this maybe happens once every 3-6 months.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I think my 2015 CTD has only failed to remote start once, and it started then stopped almost immediately like diesel said above...

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine does a false start once in a while, but not often enough to be a concern. I think my case is a bit different though, as it goes through the motions, starts then immediately stops. I remote start it pretty much every time I walk up to it, and this maybe happens once every 3-6 months.
mine does that too but not as often. more often it just wont remote start but it cranks and wont catch like a gasoline car with no spark lol. we should all pool video evidence so GM has no way to deny this is a issue... small issue but non the less

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
mine does that too but not as often. more often it just wont remote start but it cranks and wont catch like a gasoline car with no spark lol. we should all pool video evidence so GM has no way to deny this is a issue... small issue but non the less
Do you have any pending codes stored? i know a check engine light will prevent a remote start, but I am not sure about pending codes that haven't set the light yet.

Reactions: revjpeterson

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no codes at all. when it does this ill go start by ignition and it starts perfect. this is an annoyance more then a problem since it has remote tart i expect it to work 100% of the time as long as the system is in good shape. they replaced my rack and pinion for a internal short and cleared all codes 2 weeks ago

im a 15 with 15k miles

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
no codes at all. when it does this ill go start by ignition and it starts perfect. this is an annoyance more then a problem since it has remote tart i expect it to work 100% of the time as long as the system is in good shape. they replaced my rack and pinion for a internal short and cleared all codes 2 weeks ago

im a 15 with 15k miles
I wonder if there's some lingering gremlin in there from that rack and pinion replacement. Hopefully it sorts itself out.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I am a 15 CTD with 15k miles, used the remote start a couple times, seemed to work fine. My car is in garage every night so just not something I would use often.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Most common cause of remote start not actuating the starter is a hood latch sensor indicating the hood not fully closed.
It will not set a code but with the tech.II connected and set for 'remote start readiness' the screen will display the hood latch error.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well this happens to mine since day 1 before the rack. ill talk to the teck but we are gonna email gm the videos and RO anyway

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
well this happens to mine since day 1 before the rack. ill talk to the teck but we are gonna email gm the videos and RO anyway
Can you post the video here? I'd especially like to see the one with crank but not firing.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill try to get it posted tonight. i dont have the cranking and wont catch one but multiple ones of it acknowledging and not doing

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not sure but its a spastic thing . 2-10 it may do it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.