Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im getting what sounds like gear whine while driving. i have a 6M and the noise is there in gear or neutral and ith the clutch in or out. im guessing its the trans output shaft but not sure what part of it is causing the noise.. anybody else have this issue? i cant be the only one. also for the record. im still getting phenomenal MPG so i got that going for me, which is nice

·
Registered
625 Posts
My brother had the same thing from his 12 eco. Changed the fluid and it stayed the same. Took it to the dealer, next day had a bew trans. Whats your mileage? Are you still in warranty?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Take it in and have a tech drive it. It they say they dont hear it have them drive with you. My brothers was exactly as you said the output bearing. And his you could have the windows up and just hear it singing a tune as you drove. He drove it from va beach to fredericksburg every other week and i guess got used to it because when i pointed it out he said he never noticed it lol. Was happy when he got a new trans tho..... then he got a 2015 malibu 2lt lol

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
hey guys, im getting what sounds like gear whine while driving. i have a 6M and the noise is there in gear or neutral and ith the clutch in or out. im guessing its the trans output shaft but not sure what part of it is causing the noise.. anybody else have this issue? i cant be the only one. also for the record. im still getting phenomenal MPG so i got that going for me, which is nice

Hi Blacksheep,

Very sorry for the recent concerns. We would be happy to look into this further and get in touch with the dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message to your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is an update. I took the car into a dealership and did a ride along to point out the noise. to my surprise, he actually heard it. the next day i got a call saying he thinks its a drive bearing so he is ordering parts and is going to tear into it. car is at 39,100 miles and the extended 48mo 100,000 mile warranty paid for itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts