Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a 2014 Chevy Cruz eco-manual transmission. I absolutely loved my car, it has had some minor issues, but nothing that seem too unusual, so far. My real concern is that ever since the axle that was recalled has been repaired, over a year now, there has been a noise coming from the right front wheel that I've had Chevy look at three times, and they keep telling me they can't find anything wrong with it. It tends to be intermittent, but increasingly more frequent and louder. I can only compare the noise to telling you it sounds like a 20 year old pick up truck wheel, not a two year old car. It "creaks and squeaks" when turning the wheel at very slow speeds (like parallel parking or going up a little driveway slope etc). Like I said, I love the car, but the noise is embarrassing! Anyone else with this problem so I can suggest to the dealer what to fix? They tell me anything that would need grease is sealed and that that's not the problem, but that's really what it sounds like. Could the axel recall problem still be a problem after they fixed it? And since I told them that it started after that wouldn't they have checked that?? Thanks :)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Find a post by Chevy Customer Care. Click their username and select Private Message.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi all! I have a 2014 Chevy Cruz eco-manual transmission. I absolutely loved my car, it has had some minor issues, but nothing that seem too unusual, so far. My real concern is that ever since the axle that was recalled has been repaired, over a year now, there has been a noise coming from the right front wheel that I've had Chevy look at three times, and they keep telling me they can't find anything wrong with it. It tends to be intermittent, but increasingly more frequent and louder. I can only compare the noise to telling you it sounds like a 20 year old pick up truck wheel, not a two year old car. It "creaks and squeaks" when turning the wheel at very slow speeds (like parallel parking or going up a little driveway slope etc). Like I said, I love the car, but the noise is embarrassing! Anyone else with this problem so I can suggest to the dealer what to fix? They tell me anything that would need grease is sealed and that that's not the problem, but that's really what it sounds like. Could the axel recall problem still be a problem after they fixed it? And since I told them that it started after that wouldn't they have checked that?? Thanks :)
Hello Walter,

As you know, when dealing with intermittent vehicle issues, it can be rather challenging to pinpoint the nature of the concern. However, if you’re planning on having a certified technician take a look, we’d be glad to contact them on your behalf and review this further. As Eddy Cruze stated, we’re available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts