Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I had my original battery replaced with GM part number 88864065, which I believe is a standard battery. It has performed flawlessly so far. I've had it over a year.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I guess its all in how we define "performed flawlessly" and for which type of battery the charging regulator was originally design for?

Theoretically flooded and AGM cells have different charging curves and the chargers are normally design to match the battery technology for optimal battery performance. Kind of like what the meaning of "it" is ?? :huh:
Interesting. I never really gave it much thought before. My logic consisted of "battery's done - go to GM dealer to get a new one". I think the battery I got is a Cadillac/Buick battery.

"Flawlessly" to me means that it always cranks right up on a cold start, and there have been no electronic anomalies.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Not sure how to tell now, with all these smart algorithms modifying the experience. How to tell, now? Is the first definite symptom a no-start? Or (hopefully), is the car's computer smart enough to tell me it's time for a new battery?
In my case, I was able to tell the old fashioned way. Cold start cranking slowed down a few days prior. Then on the day I got a new battery, it cranked so slowly it almost didn't start the car, then for a while my car wouldn't shift out of 1st gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.