Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
260 Posts
I had my original battery replaced with GM part number 88864065, which I believe is a standard battery. It has performed flawlessly so far. I've had it over a year.
I guess its all in how we define "performed flawlessly" and for which type of battery the charging regulator was originally design for?

Theoretically flooded and AGM cells have different charging curves and the chargers are normally design to match the battery technology for optimal battery performance. Kind of like what the meaning of "it" is ?? :huh:

Reactions: Tomko

· Banned
260 Posts
When I need a new battery, I would like to buy the brand and type that gives longest service life. Still hoping for an answer: What should I buy?
I would opt for a Battery Plus X2 AGM dual purpose (as I did last summer), comes with free 60 month no hassle replacement warranty. So far trouble free and it cranks 2.0 TD @ -18F true temp very nicely which the OEM battery did NOT! :unsure: Note that I squeezed in a 27F (930 CCA !), with only slight mods due to the fact its about 0.5 in taller otherwise W and D are similar to the 94R .

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli27fagmdp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.