Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Just traded in my terribly built '12 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport for a '13 Cruze 2LT. Much smoother, quieter, more refined ride. Mine is a 2LT with the RS package and moonroof. No Pioneer or Convenience package. No navigation (got a Garmin lol). It has 29K miles and is Champaign Silver. I have already been doing some research here on the forum. GREAT INFORMATION, you guys are awesome! Definitely helps with what I should do to improve my stock cruze. I like a more "clean" look with nothing over-the-top, just simple mods.

Future spring/summer '14 plans:
Trifecta tune
K&N CAI
Black out emblems
Window tint

Pics:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet

So far I'm loving the overall ride quality and responsiveness of the Cruze. Fantastic for a "compact car". Before I bought my garbage Outlander Sport I had a 2 door 5 speed 2002 Cavalier LS. Now that was a "compact" car. This Cruze seems like an Impala compared to that! The MyLink and Bluetooth work amazing, and the remote start is a must in the winter (and I'm sure the summer once that comes lol). I can't wait to get the Trifecta tune and "wake up" the car, as most people on here seem to love it. I haven't been getting the best mpg's (about 24mpg) so far, but I attribute that to the cold and also using the remote start in the city. We'll see what it does in the spring.

Anyways, thanks for checking out my Cruze... can't wait to do a few mods!

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Congrats on your 2LT and welcome to CT! Yes - this forum has a lot of great info and helpful members.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! Man, I really need this weather to warm up! oh well... guess I can start saving some money for what I'll be spending on mods in the spring lol.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Welcome and great looking cruze! I am a big fan of that color but I've always been torn about buying the Cruze in that color since it usually is a color seemingly geared for older people,lol! No offense meant towards you if you are older. This color looks really good in the 2LT RS package like yours is, as well as in the LTZ RS package.

I personally wouldn't do too many mods to your car because it looks great as is!

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Really dig that color.
I had 3 cars that color but wasn't available in 2011(first Cruze) or 2012(2nd Cruze)
Congrats on your 2LT and welcome to CT! I have an Eco now but wish I would have bought a 2LT. Either one is a great car! I traded in a 2007 Civic that too small for me for the Cruze and the Cruze is a good sized car compared to the Civic, like your Cavalier. Got any questions shoot them out. A couple of things to do, check your plug gap and if you have drum brakes check your rear brakes for adjustment. Many members have had problems. We have "stickys" for both if you are unfamiliar.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan, I would not change a thing with your car (2LT). It's awesome the way it is:). (I purchased a 2012 LS on 20Dec2013, 10K miles. It's very nice, but yours is much nicer. And with better mileage. I'm jealous).
Thanks tdc! Ya I don't plan on changing the outside much. Just tinting the windows and blacking out the emblems. I love the look of the stock 17" 5 spoke wheels so won't be changing those. The 2LT definitely has some nice features.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome and great looking cruze! I am a big fan of that color but I've always been torn about buying the Cruze in that color since it usually is a color seemingly geared for older people,lol! No offense meant towards you if you are older. This color looks really good in the 2LT RS package like yours is, as well as in the LTZ RS package.

I personally wouldn't do too many mods to your car because it looks great as is!
Haha I thought the same thing originally... looks kinda like an older persons color but it really has grown on me (I'm 26). It doesn't show dirt hardly at all, unlike my red previous vehicles. Also when I take it to the dealer and it is inside it really seems silver, but then get it into the sun and it is the more champaign/tan color. I had to have the RS package, it really adds to the car... plus you get fog lights! lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had 3 cars that color but wasn't available in 2011(first Cruze) or 2012(2nd Cruze)
Congrats on your 2LT and welcome to CT! I have an Eco now but wish I would have bought a 2LT. Either one is a great car! I traded in a 2007 Civic that too small for me for the Cruze and the Cruze is a good sized car compared to the Civic, like your Cavalier. Got any questions shoot them out. A couple of things to do, check your plug gap and if you have drum brakes check your rear brakes for adjustment. Many members have had problems. We have "stickys" for both if you are unfamiliar.
Thanks Patman! Fortunately the 2LT came with disc brakes in the rear. Also, I thought the spark plug gap issue was mostly with 2011-12 models?? Correct me if I'm wrong here. But I guess its still not that hard to double check them.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Haha I thought the same thing originally... looks kinda like an older persons color but it really has grown on me (I'm 26). It doesn't show dirt hardly at all, unlike my red previous vehicles. Also when I take it to the dealer and it is inside it really seems silver, but then get it into the sun and it is the more champaign/tan color. I had to have the RS package, it really adds to the car... plus you get fog lights! lol

Hahaha, oh okay, I'm 27! Yeah, this color is really a sharp and classy color and the cruze wears it well in the RS packages. Im sure many members wish they had this color with all this snow and salt everywhere, haha! Every time I see a Cruze in the silver champagne metallic it turns my head but the summit white color is my ultimate favorite, haha!

Well, I'm glad the color and your cruze are growing on you and hopefully it'll give you many years of problem free cruzin'! Enjoy the forum and welcome to the CT family. Let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks good! Congrats on purchasing your Cruze!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well the modding bug has already hit me and we've only had a few days of warm (above 45 degrees) weather...
Resonator bypass with K&N drop in panel filter = done
3M carbon fiber vinyl center console/dash = done

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

Things to come within the next few weeks:
-window tint
-black out emblems
-big 3 wiring upgrade
-Sonic's turbo emblem add to trunk lid underneath right side taillight
-TC Epic 10 subwoofer and XTreme Revolutions custom encloure - in the mail!
-plasti-dip front lip of bumper black

Also already have my Thule roof rack/Yakima bike racks at my place ready to be installed... just waiting for it to get warm so I can actually use it for me and my buddies bikes!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update!

Big 3 wiring upgrade complete!
Engine Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Car

Window Tint complete! Thank you HoPo99!
Back windows are 20%, front windows are 35%, moonroof is 35%, sun visor on windshield is 35%
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Alloy wheel

Hopefully by next weekend I will have the turbo emblem on the trunk and the chevy emblems blacked out. This weather sucks!! Also have a whole bunch of Chemical Guys car care stuff in the mail that will be here on Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts