Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Cruzetalk people. I am a proud owner of a 2014 Chevy Cruze LT1 1.4L (dark blue) with now 29k. I wanted to say hello and thank goodness for forums like these, I have been apart of other forums that were extremely helpful with tips, insights, and all around piece of mind. (I am the guy that buys a car and immediately starts to wonder when it will break) and to date this is the newest car I have purchased. I LOVE this car, the way it handles, the peppy little cute turbo...Everything!....now I bought this cruze 2nd hand and it was a rental (dunt duh duh!!!) any piece of advice greatly appreciated. I will be doing upgrades once orig warranty runs out. I have done stage 1 upgrades before with my PT turbo 185hp to 235hp with just a H/O pcm.. I also have a great friend that bought a 15 LTZ RS with every option you can have and looking into starting a club on Cape Cod MA.

Cheers and Happy driving

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This is an excellent one to be a part of. Because of course, the Cruze is an excellent car! So glad to hear you love yours. Since your car was a rental, I would recommend an oil and filter change immediately to a full synthetic. You can pick some up pretty cheap at the local walmart. Then, just change it every 6000-7500 miles or one year.

Oil change thread:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/129-engine-transmission-tutorials/544-how-cruze-oil-change-1-4t.html

Also pick up a copy of the 2014 owners maintenance schedule and follow that, it seems to be the most up to date. The Cruze 1.4L turbo really prefers to run on 91+ octane for the best response and performance especially when it's really hot. You can run 87 just fine, the computer will sense any knocking or pinging and adjust the timing a bit to deal with it. But which ever octane you use 87-93 fill up from top tier gas stations. They have extra additives and detergents to help clean and the engine.

Top Tier Gasoline

Feel free to ask any questions, someone is always willing to help this forum is very active! Have an excellent day and enjoy!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts