Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 chevy cruze 2lt RS 1.4L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the group, I have a 2013 2LT Rs 1.4L, I got the car when it was around 94k it is just over 98k now. One thing I have noticed when I got this was the tracking of MPG? would go all over the place from 12mpg all the way up to 99mpg then in 40s down to 20s, even when I have the cruze on, the picture is the screen im talking about. Just wondering if that is normal or not or what could be wrong with it

Attachments

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
I'm new to the group, I have a 2013 2LT Rs 1.4L, I got the car when it was around 94k it is just over 98k now. One thing I have noticed when I got this was the tracking of MPG? would go all over the place from 12mpg all the way up to 99mpg then in 40s down to 20s, even when I have the cruze on, the picture is the screen im talking about. Just wondering if that is normal or not or what could be wrong with it
Welcome aboard!(y)

Those are instantaneous readings. Basically it tells you what you are doing right now.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,610 Posts
Yep thats normal if youre say going up or downhill

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
850 Posts
The number will change as gas is applied or taken away,, its a literal real time fuel mileage meter, if you use the wheel on the left stick off the steering column you can select the current to date avg or avg since last reset. Even with cruise on going down interstate your requires fuel of different levels to maintain a speed unless you have a perfect tail wind and the interstate is completely flat no hills or changes at all .. and or even a car passing you or moving from in front of you changes the aerodynamic forces impacting your cars movement

Reactions: Blasirl and _GABO_

·
Registered
2013 chevy cruze 2lt RS 1.4L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it just seems its a drastic change, from 12, to 30, sometimes back down around 20, up to 99, the back to the teens,

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
850 Posts
depends on the roadway, bumps, level of the road, wind directions, all things that could cause you to slow down or coast as need be .. Check engine or smoking or any other problems to note ?? That meter gives fuel economy at the exact second it displays. so if the car reuire more or less gas to maintain whatever cruise speed you were at you will see the meter change.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What kind of overall trip mpg is it giving? See if it compares to what others with that car are getting.
On a calm day when wind isn't an issue, find a straight level stretch, set cruise and see if the instantaneous mpg is still varying.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I also find that annoying. From 8 mpg to 99 mpg just by the pressure of the gas pedal. Do we really need that kind of second by second information? An average would be better...of course, my OPINION.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts