Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,598 Posts
I usually keep our cars for at least 150,000 miles and I never had to replace rear brakes yet drums or disks. When we got rid of our 1996 honda civic ex it had 135,000 - 150,000 (don't remember getting old an feeble :)) miles and we bought it brand new. We traded it in our our cruze and it still had the original factory rear drum brakes. I think we changed the front discs three times. We have a 2007 mazda 3s with rear discs and it has 107,000 miles and it still has the original factory brakes and have never been changed (we bought the car new). We have changed the fronts discs once so far on our Mazda 3s.

Drums and rear brakes in general should last a long time. You should get easily 100,000 to 150,000 miles out of the factory rear drums.

With that said if you go to the track obviously you won't get that kind of mileage out of them.

I have to say I am impressed with the front disc pad life in our cruze.
A lot of cars bias light braking towards the rear these days (prevents nose dive). The Cruze should do this, but often the drums are misadjusted. We've changed the rear brakes 2 or 3x on my mothers 2007 Accord with 80k. More than the fronts - very weird. No caliper or rust issues; apparently quite normal for those cars.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts