Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a chance to go to the auto show tonight. I'm exhausted. Tried to take pictures for work and look at the cars too.

They had a Black Granite Metallic '13 1LT RS and an Atlantis Blue '13 ECO there, interestingly both 6M. I have lots of editing to do, but I will get pictures up as soon as I can. In the mean time, here I was hanging out with the awesome ladies of GM Marketing who I bent their ears on about how great the Cruze is. Stacy probably knows them...

That's a 2014 Impala in the background, and while it doesn't compare to these wonderful ladies, it looks good. Much improved over the current one.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't had time to edit pics tonight, but I thought I'd put a couple comments about the differences I saw in the 2013 Cruzen before I forget them.

- The 2013s seem to have the upgraded front overhead map light that gives the option to come on with the doors open or not. Interestingly, the middle light does not though, so I assume it would come on with the doors open anyway.
- Both Cruzen interiors seemed to hold up quite well to the abuse of all the traffic. Granted both were cloth interiors though. The only noticeable wear items were the lower dash and door panels which showed lots of marks from shoes. I know the door panels would wipe clean, but I'm not so sure about the dash. Probably would, but the glove box face looked pretty bad like it was. But the seats and carpet looked good compared to many. Any light leather interior showed a lot of dirt on it already. I saw one with a white insert on the seat which was already looking very dark.
- The 2013 console lid is definitely different. It could probably be adapted to a 2011/12 too, but I'm not sure how good the fix is. The gearing on the 2013 seems to have tough spots in it that gives it more resistance from sliding back both at the fully extended position and the half-way extended position. It seemed ok on the floor there, but I'm not sure how well it would hold extended when out on the road with bumps, etc. It's by no means a lock like I made, but it's definitely an improvement.
- This was the first chance I had to try shifting a 6MT. I was actually very impressed at how easy the clutch is and how easy it seems to be to shift. It's a far cry from the only modern manual I know in a Jeep Wrangler. I could hold this clutch down with very little effort, unlike the Jeep which isn't easy to hold down, say at a red light. Reverse was nice too and easier than I imagined. I just wish I could actually test drive one- I get too excited about this car to put on a face and make a dealer believe I'm interested in buying one.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I apologize for the delay, the pics took a lot of time to edit. I'm personally not blown away with them, but they're alright. Considering the amount of people and often tight spaces, I guess they are pretty good. Lighting inside Cobo is tough too as it left white spots all over the cars, so I had lots of editing to do. I put them all up on Facebook, but I'm just linking in the Cruze ones here.

Feel free to right click and open any picture in a new tab to see a larger/full size version.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
No 2013 Cruze LTZ at the show? You would think they would bring out the top model Cruze for display not the 1LT. How in the world did all those scuffs get on the glove compartment door? Little kids, getting in and out maybe?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No 2013 Cruze LTZ at the show? You would think they would bring out the top model Cruze for display not the 1LT. How in the world did all those scuffs get on the glove compartment door? Little kids, getting in and out maybe?
Nope, no LTZ, I was surprised myself. They had LTZ in almost everything else.

I imagine all the scuffs are from kids and adults getting in and out. I have some on my door panel as well because the door always likes to come back at me after I open it. The good news is mine always wipe right off, which I usually do when I wash it. But these did look terrible with so many scuffs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
Great post Jon!

I looked at both of these cars, but not in as much detail as the pictures you have presented us with. :goodjob:

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Hey Jon, did you get the chance to go to this this year? I'm sure it was better than ever this year, with all the new released and soon to be released vehicles.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Jon, did you get the chance to go to this this year? I'm sure it was better than ever this year, with all the new released and soon to be released vehicles.
The first media day is today, it doesn't open to the public until Saturday!

That said, I hope to go.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
You got to go to a press day? I has a jealous. A bunch of us are going next week (us meaning coworkers)

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got to go to a press day? I has a jealous. A bunch of us are going next week (us meaning coworkers)

No, I wish! The pictures and this thread were from last year. I would like to go again this year, and I'd like to go for the whole day to try to see the whole show instead of going in the evening again. Not going this weekend with the crowds, so maybe the following.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Ahh. I didnt read much of anything...just saw the pictures hah. Ill be going next week. Turns out, we needed a team building activity for the quarter so we're all going to the auto show during the day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts