Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so I have a real issue. I installed a CAI and it was running fine for about 30 miles, than a check engine like turned on, and now my idle is jumping up and down, and whenever my car builds boost, I can hear it release all of it and I cannot get it past 2ibs of boost now.. what's going on? I didn't damage the MAF.. is it the difference in air density? Too much air so it's running lean? It does not want to shift also. It goes up to 5000 before it wants to shift unless I shift it myself.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Did you install the maf backwards? Not sure if that's possible in these cars but I know that's a common issue on a few cars. Did you do the ecu relearn when you installed the CAI?

Reactions: KOBALT

·
Registered
625 Posts
What intake is it? Is it an actual cai or sri? Have you checked you couplers to make sure you don't have a leak? Did you disconnect the bat when installing? Also have you pulled codes? Sorry for so many ?'s but need the info to help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's fine more info you've obtained from me the better, no I did not disconnect the battery, hopefully doing that and resetting It will fix it..it's the Injen, SRI, however the Maf still reads the correct outside temp. So it cannot be from more dense air in the engine bay? And yes it's all properly sealed.. I can hear it releasing the boost quite loudly with this intake though, it does not allow me to build any boost it just releases it all.. and no codes pulled, I've been trying to avoid driving since it started yesterday afternoon, the Maf is properly placed in the slot and sealed as well

·
Registered
625 Posts
First I'd pull the codes and see what you have. After that I'd use them to make sure everything it plugged in and good. Never hurts to double check. After that I'd pull the neg battery cable and let it sit disconnected for about 10 min. Plug it back up and drive it. See if any codes come back. Let us know.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Yeah let us know after you do the relearn and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried resetting it, it's still doing the same thing, whenever it's building boost it automatically dumps it, I'm probably just going to put on the stock intake. Theirs no check engine light but it's still doesn't build any boost without it releasing it (have the boost gauge to see the readings)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It goes to 25.. nearly the last line sometimes, and trust me I wish I can enjoy the intake, it sounds amazing with the bpv but it's making my car run bad and have horrible idles.. it happened as soon as I installed and made sure all surfaces and materials were cleaned, but I'll check out the throttle body, maybe something is wrong with the IAC? I never thought I'd have such huge issues with just an intake. . My other cars were basically plug and play!

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze straight drive
34 Posts
Hello everyone, so I have a real issue. I installed a CAI and it was running fine for about 30 miles, than a check engine like turned on, and now my idle is jumping up and down, and whenever my car builds boost, I can hear it release all of it and I cannot get it past 2ibs of boost now.. what's going on? I didn't damage the MAF.. is it the difference in air density? Too much air so it's running lean? It does not want to shift also. It goes up to 5000 before it wants to shift unless I shift it myself.
Hey I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 l turbo I put a brand new turbo on it.and went up to redemption racing and they told me that the turbo was not building any kind of boost. Could you tell me what to look for because the turbo is not bad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts