Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's good to see this information has been officially shared with the community! I'm sure management has got an upper hand on the situation. However the generic "Notice" looks like an ad with a link to who knows where? An indication that the notice is from Verticalscope or Cruzetalk or an AG logo could have been placed in the notice for user safety?

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
However the generic "Notice" looks like an ad with a link to who knows where?
Yeah, it looks a lot like those false "click here to download" ads that appear on the free download sites.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Today's age you need a 128 character long password if you want to remain safe for at least a few more years. But really, you can make your password as complicated as you want. All it takes is one company to slip up, and then your password is off to be sold on some TOR market site as plaintext. I'm sure the Chinese wI'll laugh a little as they type "[email protected]$$WERD! $#" into your bank.

Solution is to just not remember them... give each site it's own password generated by a program on your computer which has a long password you remember plus a file you give it... Really only solution and should be pushed alot more than it is.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
When was the breach? I joined 2.22.16? Am I at risk or did I join after the breach was corrected??? Has it been corrected???

I also agree with the above sentiments that the "Notice" on the page looks like a scammer's ad...

Reactions: Eddy Cruze

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
When was the breach? I joined 2.22.16? Am I at risk or did I join after the breach was corrected??? Has it been corrected???

I also agree with the above sentiments that the "Notice" on the page looks like a scammer's ad...
Sure would be nice if an admin or mod replied to this...

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Listen, our comments were just made as a helpful observation about the notice and how unofficial the Blue link looked. Its now long gone yet still posted at the other AG sites, why?

·
Administrator
25,492 Posts
Listen, our comments were just made as a helpful observation about the notice and how unofficial the Blue link looked. Its now long gone yet still posted at the other AG sites, why?
Because we complained about how crappy it looked? We are one of AG's larger sites so I suspect we get slightly quicker response sometimes.

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because we complained about how crappy it looked? We are one of AG's larger sites so I suspect we get slightly quicker response sometimes.
You are a pleasure to know. I appreciate your honesty!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Wife was suckered into one of those sites, had to resort to one of her backups. Would take hours to find the source of the problem with literally thousands of files.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
These folks are really swamped from this breach. I received an e-mail today from Verticalscope warning me about the breach at two Honda sites where I am a member. One (9thgencivic) I had received the temporary password a couple of weeks ago and changed to the new format. The other site (an Accord forum) I have not visited in literally years and didn't even remember what my ID was on that one. I guess the best case is they are at least being through, even though it took them months to tell us about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts