Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet sold 546 Cruze Diesels last month for a year to date total of 2,500. It also set a new monthly record for sales of the Cruze Diesel.

Of all diesel 'cars' on the market, the Cruze Diesel is now in fourth place for November sales.

November 2013 Dashboard - HybridCars.com

Reactions: farmallgray

·
Registered
747 Posts
They're still a long way from their 10% of Cruze sales figure that was put out by GM a while back.

That said, it'd be interesting to see the trim level breakdown of Cruze sales. I could be completely wrong, but I would estimate that some of the trims like the 2LT, LTZ, or maybe the AT Eco might not be a whole lot more.

Also, don't forget, the first few months of Cruze sales in the US back in '10/'11 were not that great. It took a good 6-9 months for sales of the Cruze to really take off IIRC.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
At least the numbers have been increasing each month. That's a good sign.

Reactions: KpaxFAQ and Gator

·
Registered
79 Posts
if the cruze TD is sold in all 50 states that equals out to 10.92 CTDs per state per month. now i really doubt all 50 are selling the car.
i would like to see a state by state breakdown. it will show GM which region has responded best to the car and market accordingly!!

numbers are rising so thats a good sign. if GM would only market the car they wouldnt know what to do, cause they would be so far behind on builds!!!
NO ONE KNOWS THAT THEY EXIST!!!!!
you cant sell something that no one know about, who you going to sell it to.
i bet they are trying to save $ and let us current owners do the social media thing to sell the car for them.

Reactions: farmallgray

·
Registered
791 Posts
if the cruze TD is sold in all 50 states that equals out to 10.92 CTDs per state per month. now i really doubt all 50 are selling the car.
i would like to see a state by state breakdown. it will show GM which region has responded best to the car and market accordingly!!

numbers are rising so thats a good sign. if GM would only market the car they wouldnt know what to do, cause they would be so far behind on builds!!!
NO ONE KNOWS THAT THEY EXIST!!!!!
you cant sell something that no one know about, who you going to sell it to.
i bet they are trying to save $ and let us current owners do the social media thing to sell the car for them.
don`t forget Canadian sales

·
Registered
79 Posts
no disrespect intended!!!
our Cunuck counterparts help the promotion of this great car as well

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
2,500 YTD is a far cry from GM's own self-imposed production limit of 10,000 for MY 2014!

It's ALMOST as though GM *wants* the Diesel Cruze to fail!

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I thought the limit was 12,000 and it had to do with the max number of engines they could draw from Germany.

I personally don't think GM wants this car to fail. However, I do think that GM is playing it extremely safely and is terrified of another LF9 debacle.

My theory is that GM is not promoting this car so as not to risk having a large number of engines fail in the field. No question that it has been fully tested, just a huge corporate anxiety and risk-adverse approach to reintroducing diesel in a passenger vehicle. Remember it was GM's hubris that led to the destruction of diesel in the North American market for almost 30 years.

Once we get through a year of trouble-free diesel motoring I suspect that GM will start to promote the engine's proven success in the North American market.

Given how parts for this engine are on constraint and must be approved by GM Corporate before repair I wouldn't be surprised to learn that GM is harvesting all kinds of operating data from those Cruze Diesels already in the field. Ever notice all the data that OnStar sends to you by e-mail every month? Nothing stops GM from using that same link to regularly upload data on the engines performance and operating parameters. We're not beta testers, but we are early adopters, and GM is not going to let our real world experience pass by unnoticed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: PanJet

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
if the cruze TD is sold in all 50 states that equals out to 10.92 CTDs per state per month. now i really doubt all 50 are selling the car. i would like to see a state by state breakdown. it will show GM which region has responded best to the car and market accordingly!!numbers are rising so thats a good sign. if GM would only market the car they wouldnt know what to do, cause they would be so far behind on builds!!! NO ONE KNOWS THAT THEY EXIST!!!!! you cant sell something that no one know about, who you going to sell it to.i bet they are trying to save $ and let us current owners do the social media thing to sell the car for them.
our salesman didnt even know they made a diesel cruze. And we deal with NHs volume Chevy dealer!

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
It's ALMOST as though GM *wants* the Diesel Cruze to fail!
That would be a poor strategy with the way markets are trending. They should be doing what they can to promote them.

IDEA: Take some surplus TDs and give them away on Ellen, Dr. Oz or even Howard Stern. Cheap advertising.

Oh, and put fog lights on it as standard equipment for pete's sake...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ever notice all the data that OnStar sends to you by e-mail every month? Nothing stops GM from using that same link to regularly upload data on the engines performance and operating parameters.
That's actually true with any OnStar equipped vehicle regardless of whether or not you're an OnStar subscriber. You can opt out though. When the six month trial expired on my first Cruze, I got a letter in the mail telling me that GM may still use my vehicle data even if I wasn't an OnStar subscriber. If I didn't want them to, I had to call and opt out of data collection.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I thought the limit was 12,000 and it had to so with the max number of engines they could draw from Germany.

I personally don't think GM wants this car to fail. However, I do think that GM is playing it extremely safely and is terrified of another LF9 debacle.

My theory is that GM is not promoting this car so as not to risk having a large number of engines fail in the field. No question that it has been fully tested, just a huge corporate anxiety and risk-adverse approach to reintroducing diesel in a passenger vehicle. Remember it was GM's hubris that led to the destruction of diesel in the North American market for almost 30 years.

Once we get through a year of trouble-free diesel motoring I suspect that GM will start to promote the engine's proven success in the North American market.

Given how parts for this engine are on constraint and must be approved by GM Corporate before repair I wouldn't be surprised to learn that GM is harvesting all kinds of operating data from those Cruze Diesels already in the field. Ever notice all the data that OnStar sends to you by e-mail every month? Nothing stops GM from using that same link to regularly upload data on the engines performance and operating parameters. We're not beta testers, but we are early adopters, and GM is not going to let our real world experience pass by unnoticed.

THey probably pay a lot of attention to me with as much as I drive. I am about to be out of the B2B warranty this week. :)

Reactions: KpaxFAQ

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THey probably pay a lot of attention to me with as much as I drive. I am about to be out of the B2B warranty this week. :)
Wow! As a power user can you share with us your thoughts on the vehicle's performance.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Wow! As a power user can you share with us your thoughts on the vehicle's performance.

I am planning on doing a full writeup once I hit 50K. Probably less than 3 months from now.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reactions: diesel
1 - 18 of 18 Posts