Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just my car, but I've noticed since the warmer weather has returned. The infamous dead/notchy steering issue has all but gone away. Has anyone else noticed the same effect?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
Yep. It seems very temperature-related to me. My car did it around Feb-March both years I've had it, then stopped.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Me too! Seems like it's just in a temp range between 30 and 45 F.

Reactions: 99_XC600

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, glad it wasn't my imagination. I noticed the thread has dropped off as well.

·
17,317 Posts
Ok, glad it wasn't my imagination. I noticed the thread has dropped off as well.
Summer - hesitation, slow acceleration, and not cool ac threads.

Winter - coolant smell, crappy heaters, and sticky steering threads.

Just the life of a typical Cruze owner

Sent from Bill the WonderPhone

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Temperature and speed related. During mid temps and speeds (both in the 50s and 60s) my steering notches. Above that point on either and it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Wonder if it's the grease (or whatever it is) on the steering shaft that has issues with the temp.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
In summer months only things I have noticed was the engine at idle sounding weak plus the slow acceleration. My Downpipe and intercooler made a nice difference but you can tell she sounds a bit sloppy in the warmer months. I don't beat my car whatsoever, always well maintained and taken care of..... Maybe it's just the car itself

Reactions: Jukebox Juliet

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
In summer months only things I have noticed was the engine at idle sounding weak plus the slow acceleration. My Downpipe and intercooler made a nice difference but you can tell she sounds a bit sloppy in the warmer months. I don't beat my car whatsoever, always well maintained and taken care of..... Maybe it's just the car itself
So I'm not the only one who thinks the acceleration isn't as great in the warmer temps, hmmmm

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Definitely doesn't accelerate as well in the summer.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Maybe it's just my car, but I've noticed since the warmer weather has returned. The infamous dead/notchy steering issue has all but gone away. Has anyone else noticed the same effect?
Hey 99_XC600,

This is truly a mystery, but if you are experiencing any concerns with your Cruze, don't hesitate to reach out to us via PM.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
10,713 Posts
Anyone get this done? When I complain I go in with 87 and got CCND each time

#PI1052: Hesitation at high ambient temperature.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
17,317 Posts
Anyone get this done? When I complain I go in with 87 and got CCND each time

#PI1052: Hesitation at high ambient temperature.

Sent from my iFail 5s
What's it entail? Do you know if it's for 11/12 or 13/14 models (engines are slightly different)?

I had a new (stock) tune flashed to mine because it hesitated...actually in very cold temps, even on 93 oct. Never saw a PI # though, just asked them to update it.

Sent from Bill the WonderPhone

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Hmm I have no issues running 87... I've ran both 91 and 87 and can feel no difference at all.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Good observation! Got my Cruze in December 13, my notchy steering came and went in a 6 week period very early-spring as well. Sucks it may come back again but at least it's a narrow slice of conditions to trigger it. I'm guessing it's some expansion/contraction of the steering gear at a specific temperature range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts