Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One subject they failed to discuss is our US Patent office has wide opened doors to Japan. For every automotive patent the our domestic car makers have in OUR US patent office, the Japanese have at least ten!

It's impossible for any US company to get a patent in Japan. But any efforts to even obtain a Japan patent would be worthless anyway, they don't want to buy anything we make, just want our raw materials.

But what I found extremely unfair is they can infringe on any US patent we have in this country, this covers TV's, video recordings, automotive, and the largest of all, the integrated circuit. But to export this stuff into the USA, they are suppose to pay royalties to the US company that holds these patents. We can't stop them from using these patents in their country or any other country they elect to export our technology to!

But any attempts to get royalties from imported Japanese goods that were infringing on our patents was fruitless.

Obama and Noda were discussing a fair trade agreement, never was fair, and looks like it will never be fair. Our entire electronics industry was given away to them and by nobody else except our government!

At the same time, way back in the late 60's this country of ours was paying the Japanese 10% for everything we imported from them. While we had the newly formed EPA, OSHA, and the ERA that was shutting down our electronics business, like even Silicon Valley, still there but writing code now. What really took the cake under Reagan, was giving a foreign country the right to buy into our communications industry that was forbidden before this. Like Sony buying our entrainment business and Fox coming in.

What I really found disturbing is that all of our electronic component companies in this country went out of business, just about any electronic component has to be imported, now mostly from China. Sure ran into problems with the FAA on this issue, wanted all American parts, the old guys, not keeping up with the changes.

Was really disturbed when I heard Clinton received major campaign donations from China, republicans kept quiet on this so I can only assume they were doing the same thing. Back in the 60's use to be literally thousands of help wanted ads in Electronic News, was still getting this magazine until a couple of years ago, would be lucky to find just one ad every six months.

Can only come to the conclusion, if you really want to know the true traitors of our county, look no further than Washington DC, and would be more than happy to debate this issue with anyone of these basterds. When watching Obama talk Noda about fair trade, just switched off my TV, but was highly tempted to smash it. Still get annoyed when I see Sony getting protection from our FBI.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't bother me in the least if big brother is listening. Did not tell one lie in my post and about time the truth comes out in this matter.

Written many times to my congressman and even the president about these issues over the years, and rare to even get a reply. If I do, on an entirely different subject. One key problem is not knowing what's going on, and not enough voices.

Look at the billions of dollars being raised for the next election with even the supreme court stating they don't have to disclose their sources.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You don't need to worry if they are watching or not...have you seen the people who work in the government? We're not exactly talking the best and brightest here.
You can suck it. I work in the government and I do a damnn good job too

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also worked for the government in the military getting paid 11 cents per hour for some very long 24 hour days.

Would you like these guys that negotiate our trade agreements negotiating the price of a new Cruze for you? Would pay ten times the price for it, and suspect they are getting one hail of a kickback from the dealer.

No wonder why 85% of Americans do not trust our government.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You can suck it. I work in the government and I do a damnn good job too
I worked as an IG auditor for years and I can say without question that I wasn't impressed. I left out of disgust to be honest. There was ZERO accountability for doing a horrible job. NONE. Way over staffed. Grade raises and steps given for reasons I couldn't understand to people who were barely awake. I'm not picking on you, just relaying what I saw for a decade.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha, with the FAA, a governmental agency, if you can't repair the equipment make a supervisor out of you. If you can't do that right, make a district manager out of you.

As a non-fed, required to have an FCC certificate, and five years experience to be FAA certified. And must know the equipment you are certified on like the back of your hand and be able to repair anything.

If you can get a civil service job with the FAA, don't have to know anything. Was required to do yearly inspections with an FAA inspector present, had to show them how to fill out the forms and even spell words for them.

Years of dealing with EPA agents, that would walk in out doors unannounced. Haven't met one yet that would last two minutes working for a private corporation. To keep jobs like this, have to be able to produce. An unknown word for these guys and some gals as well, ERA employer.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I want to be clear, because it seems I am slamming all GE's...some of the smartest people I have ever met were in the feds. They knew their $hit. Problem was, at least from my POV, they were the vast minority and most didn't stick around. When I had to deal with the program side of an agency, just every day, run of the mill program people, I was fkng floored at #1...how much they were being paid and numero dos...what they actually did. There would be no possible way you could operate a for profit enterprise like this. Our government is so bloated and mismanaged, you have to experience first hand to believe it.

I sure do complain a lot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts