Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Obd 2 apps

10376 13
Is there anything out there that offers quite a bit more functionality then the standard basic backyard mechanic apps? That can be found all day long on the google playstore.

I don't mind paying a few dollars for an actual useable app. But i'm running in to a brick wall.

I'd like to be able to monitor actual turbo pressure. NOT vacuum. See what my oil pressure and temp are maybe. Transmission temps. Exhaust temp that I know operates hotter then 1000 degrees. ETC.

I know there's scangauge one can buy from autozone for $160. But I want something better then a black and colored screen to read more then 4 gauges on one screen per page. There's something called Ultragauge for $80. Looks like it MIGHT be worth looking in to. But can only be bought directly through the company. And offers a gauge unit bigger then scangauge with more 3D type animated screen. Or Bluetooth adapter and free ultragauge app which will only work with their proprietary adapter.

I bought the quicklink Bluetooth adapter from autozone today. And downloaded the free app. But it's the same app as dashcommand with a few other options which really don't need unless I want to get in to diagnostics. Dashcommand is also free and works with the elm327 and baxf adapters I have. So it'll be going back for a refund.

Torque and dashcommand and all the other apps just don't work for me. They're too basic. And very limited in what they do.

Being a retired mechanic. I've used snapon scanners and what not. So I know what the ecm will throw out. It's a lot more then what the google playstore apps can do. I'm not looking for the full blown setup. Just something that will do what I actually want. More gauges.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,159 Posts

· Administrator
14,159 Posts
The halfway down on the cruze is the earlier years.

The pids have information that look like this link. GM oil temp & pressure GM transmission temp - Harry's GPS Suite Forum In the first paragraph it has oil temp, trans temp, oil pressure. They need a pid number, long name, minimum and max values, scale factor, unit type, and equation.

Be nice if there's an obd2 standard list of pids and gm extended pids. In a chart. With all the information. rather then having to do a google. And so far only the common stuff is found. Like the link I posted. Not many seem to be interested in other gauges.

I'd be interested in seeing what you have so far. Maybe we can start a list for the PIDs as a standalone thread. You will get more hits from the outside as well if you have a good title and put in the right tags.

Possibly call it "The Official list of OBDII PIDs for the Chevy Cruze" and tag it with OBDII, OBD2, PIDs, CANBUS, Torque AP

· Administrator
14,159 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing what you have so far. Maybe we can start a list for the PIDs as a standalone thread. You will get more hits from the outside as well if you have a good title and put in the right tags.

Possibly call it "The Official list of OBDII PIDs for the Chevy Cruze" and tag it with OBDII, OBD2, PIDs, CANBUS, Torque AP
I would say in the General Discussion forum if this will be for both Gen I and Gen II. Otherwise in the respective Gen1 Powertrain or Gen2 Powertrain forums.

· Administrator
14,159 Posts
Looking for a list like this. It's for the Volt. But some of the pids are the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HgWCnosdRqZYoWHEl7ylAxjxv4UFVeisWiR7gcr8H6I/edit#gid=0
I am not as familiar with the Volt, but I would search based on the engine to start with. It would also probably change with the trim level as well, so I would start with the top trim level as I would guess that they either install or use them all for all models or delete / add per model needs and only change when a major component changes.

I'll keep my eyes open for any though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.