Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Occasional loss of all boost?

13026 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  tazzmenn
I've noticed maybe 5 times in the year I've owned my car it will seemingly lose all turbo boost while I'm driving it. Usually happens on hotter days at highway speeds, but it's happened on cooler days as well. My boost gauge on the torque app shows 3psi at full throttle, making it very hard for the car to maintain freeway speeds let alone pass or merge. Stopping the car and turning it off then back on resolves the issue.

What at causes this? Should I be concerned? The car is a 2014 1.4 with a trifecta tune and intake resonator delete.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I was just on the point of posting something about this before I found this thread.

My car is a 2014 LT, 1.4 with standard transmission. I was using the car to commute roughly 200 miles a day when I first bought it. I noticed that this same thing would happen occasionally. It usually happens at highway speeds on hot days. Most of the time, my cruise control was set and I wouldn't even notice the issues until I was down shifting and trying to make a pass.

There are no engine lights or warnings of any kind, and a simple off and on again reset will clear it up. I've since stopped commuting so much and it hasn't been happening as much, but it does still happen on occasion.

FWIW, The car is bone stock. No mods or tune of any kind. Hoping some others have a little more insight into what's going on here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.