Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have 161,000 on my 2012 chevy cruze. At 85,000 the transmission control module, fluid, and cooler lines were replaced by dealer. Since 120k it seemed to shift into Drive a little rough after a cold start. I paid that no attention, tho i should have.

2 weeks ago i was cruising doing 60mph on a highway and i experienced roughly 5 seconds of slipping to hold what id assume is torque conv lockup. I backed off and then accelerated again and it held fine. Next day i experienced the same thing in the same conditions.

Popped out the top fill level plug (after driving and engine still running and warm) and plenty came out. I let it idle there burping and draining out the excess. Fluid was still bright red, didnt see much clutch material in it. Next startup to run an errand and the car wouldn't turn over. Took battery to store, was tested and bad. So new battery in now.

Since then i have driven over the past 2 weeks roughly 600 miles with only occasional split second slips. Barely a shutter. Has probably only done it 6 or 7 times in that 600 miles. Also the shift into drive from park while cold is much gentler now. (Wish i addressed that sooner)

Thoughts? My next step is to drain and refill the trans since im already approaching that timeline. I hate the thought of additives, but im open to suggestions. At this point id love to keep this car going strong to 200k.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
So i have 161,000 on my 2012 chevy cruze. At 85,000 the transmission control module, fluid, and cooler lines were replaced by dealer. Since 120k it seemed to shift into Drive a little rough after a cold start. I paid that no attention, tho i should have.

2 weeks ago i was cruising doing 60mph on a highway and i experienced roughly 5 seconds of slipping to hold what id assume is torque conv lockup. I backed off and then accelerated again and it held fine. Next day i experienced the same thing in the same conditions.

Popped out the top fill level plug (after driving and engine still running and warm) and plenty came out. I let it idle there burping and draining out the excess. Fluid was still bright red, didnt see much clutch material in it. Next startup to run an errand and the car wouldn't turn over. Took battery to store, was tested and bad. So new battery in now.

Since then i have driven over the past 2 weeks roughly 600 miles with only occasional split second slips. Barely a shutter. Has probably only done it 6 or 7 times in that 600 miles. Also the shift into drive from park while cold is much gentler now. (Wish i addressed that sooner)

Thoughts? My next step is to drain and refill the trans since im already approaching that timeline. I hate the thought of additives, but im open to suggestions. At this point id love to keep this car going strong to 200k.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I’m in the same boat, it started to occasionally slip, so I took it to a reputable shop and they changed the fluid. I’ve put about 3000 miles on it since then and it will still do it occasionally, usually after 100 miles worth of driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts