·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The number is still going up every month, a great sign! I would like to see it hit Jetta TDI numbers personally.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i agree we need to be above the VW TDI sales
we are increasing but slowly more public eye and awareness and commercials will help
everyone who has one needs to tell people about it to rise the sales.
we dont want GM to do what jeep did with the Liberty CRD and run it for 2 yrs then quit

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes absolutely. I want this car to contribute to the resurgence of diesels in the US. I tell everybody what a great car it is.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I read recently to expect some discounts on the Diesels in the near future as dealers are having a tough time getting them off their lots.

·
Registered
79 Posts
GM shouldve had discounts for the TD from the word go.
it helps people commit to buy
dealers cant sell them cause NOT many people know about them
they need better commercials and need to show it constantly
i see the VW comm all the time
pay for advertisement !! cant sell something you dont market!!(well)

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,131 Posts
Here in Iowa, the dealers are desperate to find diesels. As soon as one comes into inventory, it's sold, and the dealers that do have them won't trade them away to other dealers, because they're in such high demand. I had to drive to a dealer 2 hours away just to get mine. I tried to order one, but when 3 months later it still hadn't been built, and my old car was going south on me faster than I was comfortable with, I bit the bullet and took the one in-stock model I could find, even though I had to give up my color choice and the speaker system to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read recently to expect some discounts on the Diesels in the near future as dealers are having a tough time getting them off their lots.
Can you post this article? I'd like to read.

·
Registered
79 Posts
we all need to be a united front for this car. i went out and bought a huge sticker for the back glass to let people know its diesel.
i have holden emblems on the way as well!!

revjpeterson-
that is GREAT to here that they cant keep them on the lots! we just need that in all 50 states!
the dealers themselves need to promote the car as well! **** i would if i owned a dealership! right out front with lights and signs let everyone that drives by that we have a GREAT diesel car with badass mpg.

Reactions: diesel

·
Registered
320 Posts
Production is slow on the diesels, they are probably trying to keep the demand high. My dealer had to locate one 300 miles from me and the other one they had I was looking at sold the same day I was there. I don't think the car will ever appeal to the masses because for most people it is not worth the extra cost, for me it was.

·
Registered
79 Posts
very true but thats the problem!
it was a no brainer for me, but i dont buy gassers. a waste of money in my opinion.
1/2 the resale, worse fuel mileage and last as long
look at Europe alot of their vehicles are diesel powered!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Could they be referring to the $1,500 cash back currently available on all Cruzes? (Extended from 10/31/13 to 1/2/14)

Here in Iowa, the dealers are desperate to find diesels. As soon as one comes into inventory, it's sold, and the dealers that do have them won't trade them away to other dealers, because they're in such high demand.
Not sure about that either. I was just in the Minneapolis area last week, and according to Chevrolet there are close to 30 of them available in the area. I visited one dealer who had six in stock and more coming. Last I checked, most of those are still in their inventory.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Can you post this article? I'd like to read.
Here's part of just one. Do you want more?

"GM has only released the highway mpg figure (42 mpg) so far. But even if one repeats the exercise using the Jetta TDI’s fuel economy numbers (30/42/34 mpg) for the Cruze diesel, it would still take roughly a decade to break even and save about $255 annually over a gasoline Cruze. Green cars aren’t necessarily about the financial proposition (see: Toyota Prius for the best example), but the Cruze diesel is attempting to lure away extremely loyal buyers in a niche segment with very low opportunities for “green status signalling” (i.e. letting everyone know you’re saving baby polar bears via your consumption choices, ala the Prius). In light of all this, it seems that the Cruze Diesel is facing a dim future of slow sales and plenty of cash on the hood to help move them."

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It seems like areas where diesels sell well don't have enough and areas where they don't, have too many.

·
Registered
79 Posts
panjet needs to upgrade to a cruze TD

·
Registered
747 Posts
panjet needs to upgrade to a cruze TD
Oh, believe me, I want to, and I am super close to pulling the trigger.

The trick is, I plan on keeping it for a long time, so I want to get the exact one I want without sacrificing. I sacrificed a couple of options I wanted for timing and convenience when I bought my current car, and I wished I hadn't.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh, believe me, I want to, and I am super close to pulling the trigger.

The trick is, I plan on keeping it for a long time, so I want to get the exact one I want without sacrificing. I sacrificed a couple of options I wanted for timing and convenience when I bought my current car, and I wished I hadn't.
understandable!! never settle u will regret it later. get every option u want, cause u will kick urself down the road.
we all support you on your venture on buying a cruze TD

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Let me know when you are ready to make it happen PanJet. I can help you find a TD with all of the features that you want.! Just send me a private message when you are ready.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
GM shouldve had discounts for the TD from the word go.
it helps people commit to buy
dealers cant sell them cause NOT many people know about them
they need better commercials and need to show it constantly
i see the VW comm all the time
pay for advertisement !! cant sell something you dont market!!(well)
You're on the money. I figured they would of got the word out a bit better. I mean that audi tdi commercial I've seen during prime time football is brilliant diesel advertising.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts