Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet sold 510 Cruze Diesels last month for a year to date total of 1,954. It also set a new monthly record for sales of the Cruze Diesel breaking 500 for the first time.

Of 22 diesel 'cars' on the market, the Cruze Diesel remains in fifth place but now with just 16 fewer October sales than fourth place Golf.

October 2013 Dashboard - HybridCars.com

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Tomko, "Thanks" for the info. At a steady sales rate of 500 cars-per-month, GM's self-stated production number of 12,000 diesel Cruzes means a TWO YEAR run...or...it means that GM grossly underestimated sales demand (by half).

Anybody ELSE think that GM Chrevrolet needs to (a) ADVERTISE the Diesel Cruze MORE, as well as, (b) make it AVAILABLE in ALL markets across USA, not just in a selected FEW locations?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not sure what GM is planning for the Diesel. They have barely marketed it, did not offer manual transmission and did not offer a base trim model. Are they setting it up to fail?? I for one wanted leather and all the goodies but if you want to sell more you have to offer more. I really hope this isn't a two year and done situation but I am having a hard time trying to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Yeah, GM's current "...take it or leave it..." selection is pathetic, at best.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I agree with you all...the Cruze diesel would sell well for commercial customers who travel a lot. Or local delivery companies. I don't understand, either, why they don't have a manual windows, cruise control, AC, cloth seats car for that genre of buyers. I really wanted every option I could get but in my opinion, the lit door sills is a total waste of $505. Other than that, all other options are useful. Haven't heard much about people who bought the safety package for over $700, so I'm not sure about that value.

Ok, this is showing my age, but a wagon would be a great addition to the offerings.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
320 Posts
Having all the options is really why I bought a diesel. I priced out a 14 LTZ with everything and it was around the same price as a diesel so it was a no brainer for me. I got most of the main options on mine; sunroof, nav, fog lights, 2lt package, oil pan heater. I did not think the safety package was something for me so I chose nav instead. I am more worried on resale value because of GM's uncertainty with the diesel but I guess time will tell.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Darn it , dang , I was under the impression the idea of getting a Diesel was for longevity ..ie maximum mileage . 300.000 and up .

·
10,712 Posts
...see 3rd bullet down in this posting: GM Looks To Plug Holes In Its Model Lineup
I'm also a fan of the Wagon/Estate over the hatch rear end. How much more would that be if it was a made to order hatch vs making it and hoping it's not like the other cars that just sit on lots waiting for an out of state dealer to snag it. My dealer still has a few new 2012 models.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts