Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blend door lever finally broke exactly like others, means I'm stuck on defrost or not at all. The replacement piece is ridiculous expensive for being a tiny piece of plastic, and being I have a 3D printer I'd like to design a replacement and print it instead. If anyone has one of these pieces laying around that could do measurements for me I'd be extremely grateful.

I'm looking for the black piece, but I could work with the originals in white.

If no one has one I'll eventually pull my dash apart and create one myself. I'm just trying to be prepared to fix it in one go. I'll upload the STL files for others to print if I get one made.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's the part. If you go to checkout shipping comes out to $15+ no matter which gm wholesaler you choose. Going on other sites like amazon or ebay and it's still an average of $10+ a piece. That's what I find unreasonable. $20 for two small pieces of plastic is crazy.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the original piece out. I'm making an STL model now and will upload when done for others to 3D print.

For everyone else who may have to go through this, you do NOT need to remove the dash to get this piece out. You will need some skinny arms to go through the dash cluster hole, though. The plastic blending wheel can be removed from there.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the first draft of the STL. I'll probably fine tune it, but the first print worked out well. I have not installed it yet.

Clip art Illustration Graphics

Red Games

View attachment blend-door-lever.zip

DISCLAIMER: anyone who chooses to download and/or use this STL does so at their own risk. No warranty, guarantee, or support for this model is given, implied, or explicit. I take no responsibility for any work anyone performs on their car.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just confirming this worked in my car. The STL file needs to be scaled up 10,000% to get the correct units in millimeters. Also the center hole needs to be sanded out a little to get a better fit, otherwise it's too tight and doesn't move easily. Other than that, it's a good to go copy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.