Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all,

I have the bluetooth connectivity and a Sprint HTC Evo phone. Works like a champ over bluetooth and USB. Although three times already, my phone was randomly and without any action by me, been deleted out of my device list!

I caught all three events happen while I was driving. All of a sudden, I look over at the screen (non-nav) and I see "Device deleted" (I did not write down the full phrase). After this text goes away, the system drops me at the Device menu showing a list of the bluetooth devices, but my phone is mysteriously gone!

I was listening to music (either XM or USB) each time when my phone got deleted. I never issued a bluetooth verbal command or was even touching the screen at the time when the device was deleted.

The most recent time I pulled into a parking lot and I shut off the car to see if my device would come back. I turned on the car and the device was gone, but all of a sudden, my phone turned on and said that "Your Vehicle" was trying to pair with the device and was asking me for a pincode, which the vehicle did not offer. I had to add my phone back in manually each time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Oryx

·
Registered
4 Posts
This has happened to me several times, just happened again. Everything was fine when I went to work. I got in the car to go to lunch and started car and the device list was showing in the radio screen and my phone was gone. Radio was on FM and nothing was plugged into the USB.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has happened to me several times, just happened again. Everything was fine when I went to work. I got in the car to go to lunch and started car and the device list was showing in the radio screen and my phone was gone. Radio was on FM and nothing was plugged into the USB.
I think I may have figured this out. It hasn't happened to me in a while. I kept reading up on this and I found that it has something to do with a failed phone book transfer from the phone to the car.

If you have an Android phone, you're not going to like this. Unfortunately, there is a compatibility issue with the phone book transfer between the phone and the car. Other phones work fine, but Android has a problem due to the record having additional data which includes photos, Facebook & Twitter profile links, etc.

The solution (which is really not a solution) is to block the car from synchronizing the phone book from the phone. As long as you do not allow the phone book to synchronize (which it fails anyway), your device will not mysteriously delete itself. The delete seems to be happening because the radio does not like the data it is receiving from the phone.

Supposedly Gingerbread fixes this. I recently upgraded my Sprint HTC Evo to Gingerbread, but have not tried synchronizing just yet. Once I do, I will report my success, or lack thereof here.

Oryx

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had the first incredible from HTC and it worked fine. Then it went swimming so I got the Incredible 2 and its has the same issue. Its not really android as much its HTC changed something in the bluetooth stack. I also heard it should be fixed in the update when it comes out for the Incredible 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts