Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a little bit of searching, but did not really come up with anything. I'm curious as to the Lumen rating of the stock bulbs in these cars. I'm looking at ordering LED replacements form you guys, but I would like to know where in the lumen scale the stock bulbs fit, compared to what you have shown for each type of bulb on your website. I'm trying to decide which brightness I want.

For example, your site lists the rear tail light LEDs as 205, 310 & 510 lumen options. I'm assuming the stock bulbs are less than 205, but how much less?

Also, are the rear turn signals the only ones which need the resistor kit?

In all, I'm looking at the Side Marker, Backup, Rear Turn Signal & Tail lights, so I'm curious as to the stock brightness on all of them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did a little bit of searching, but did not really come up with anything. I'm curious as to the Lumen rating of the stock bulbs in these cars. I'm looking at ordering LED replacements form you guys, but I would like to know where in the lumen scale the stock bulbs fit, compared to what you have shown for each type of bulb on your website. I'm trying to decide which brightness I want.

For example, your site lists the rear tail light LEDs as 205, 310 & 510 lumen options. I'm assuming the stock bulbs are less than 205, but how much less?

Also, are the rear turn signals the only ones which need the resistor kit?

In all, I'm looking at the Side Marker, Backup, Rear Turn Signal & Tail lights, so I'm curious as to the stock brightness on all of them.
I happen to be looking at almost the exact same lights and am wondering the same, especially since I have my tail lights tinted with black plastidip (one wet coat, which surprisingly shows a pretty good amount of light through)

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I called Diode Dynamics and this is what they said: for the Rear External lights, stock is between 275 & 300, so to get brighter than stock you have to get at least the HP6 (but this would be very close to stock brightness). So for our tinted lights, it looks like the XP50 options are the way to go.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
We will be providing more incandescent bulb lumen measurements once we have finished setting our lab up here at the new facility.

If you ever have questions about which bulb model works best for you, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

We offer different bulb models with differing levels of brightness to fit everyone's preferences

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts