Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's and Gal's my name is Matt and I work at Ray and Raymond Chevrolet located in Fox Lake IL and Antioch IL. I'm the wholesale parts director for both dealerships and wanted to branch out to the Cruze Community to see if anyone needed Assistance in finding / ordering OEM Parts. I do sell at wholesale price which is less than what you'd pay if you walked into a dealerships parts department and ordered something over the counter. Please if you guys need help or have questions feel free to PM me or Add me on Facebook (Which is the quickest way of getting ahold of me) https://www.facebook.com/matthew.rominski

A little bit about myself-
I'm 26 years old, I drive a 2014 Sonic RS MT 1.4T So similar platform =P http://s21.postimg.org/dnql5javr/12885799_985291284839500_3633705304892876457_o.jpg
I've worked in the dealership parts business for 6 years now and I'm pretty active with the 2.0T, 2.0 SC, 1.4T and 1.8 Ecotec guys on FB groups.
I have a photography business on the side that I just started, I mainly go out to meets and shoot what I find interesting. So if you're in the Chicago land area hit me up for a shoot !
facebook.com/9bitphotography

Thanks guys, looking forward to doing business with you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Matt-

Welcome to the forum. The moderators may ask that you become an official Vendor. I think it would be a good idea to become the official Cruzetalk Chevrolet parts dealership. I think you'd get a lot of traffic and sales from valve covers and many of the other GM OEM parts provided your competitive with your shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
if we had several dealers listed as offical dealer merchants that would be awsome.8 spread out through USA to help cover all our regions

Reactions: obermd

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Welcome. As carbon02 pointed out if you want to sell here (other than a one-off sale of a no longer needed part or two) you do need to contact AutoGuide to become a site vendor. However you're more than welcome to stick around and contribute to the community.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Going to have an online catalog?

Ha, Fox Lake was my stumping grounds, had a wrecking yard there where I could fill a bushel basket full of parts for two bucks. Even a practically brand new 54 Dodge truck engine, 8K miles on it with everything for 65 bucks. Also a part of chain of lakes for boating.

Use to set pins at that bowling place west of Antioch on 173, still there, but can't do this anymore have automatic pin setters now. Also family in Antioch. In town, back then, the best Italian beef sandwiches anywhere.

People use to be nice and friendly back then, are they still this way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to have an online catalog?

Ha, Fox Lake was my stumping grounds, had a wrecking yard there where I could fill a bushel basket full of parts for two bucks. Even a practically brand new 54 Dodge truck engine, 8K miles on it with everything for 65 bucks. Also a part of chain of lakes for boating.

Use to set pins at that bowling place west of Antioch on 173, still there, but can't do this anymore have automatic pin setters now. Also family in Antioch. In town, back then, the best Italian beef sandwiches anywhere.

People use to be nice and friendly back then, are they still this way?
I know very little about this town but what I do know isthat everyone is very friendly haha. I’m from Palatine – Arlington Heights areaso I just take the drive up 12. I can set you up with a repair link accountthat has an online catalog and allows you to order stuff right off of it, I canset you up with special pricing etc since your somewhat close to me I’dimagine. They aren’t looking to become a vendor since I do plenty of sales overFB but I appreciate the welcome. But I’ll help out anyway I can Nick if youwant to set something up.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Hey Guy's and Gal's my name is Matt and I work at Ray and Raymond Chevrolet located in Fox Lake IL and Antioch IL. I'm the wholesale parts director for both dealerships and wanted to branch out to the Cruze Community to see if anyone needed Assistance in finding / ordering OEM Parts. I do sell at wholesale price which is less than what you'd pay if you walked into a dealerships parts department and ordered something over the counter. Please if you guys need help or have questions feel free to PM me or Add me on Facebook (Which is the quickest way of getting ahold of me) https://www.facebook.com/matthew.rominski

A little bit about myself-
I'm 26 years old, I drive a 2014 Sonic RS MT 1.4T So similar platform =P http://s21.postimg.org/dnql5javr/12885799_985291284839500_3633705304892876457_o.jpg
I've worked in the dealership parts business for 6 years now and I'm pretty active with the 2.0T, 2.0 SC, 1.4T and 1.8 Ecotec guys on FB groups.
I have a photography business on the side that I just started, I mainly go out to meets and shoot what I find interesting. So if you're in the Chicago land area hit me up for a shoot !
facebook.com/9bitphotography

Thanks guys, looking forward to doing business with you!
So many questions come to mind as there are pages of people who claim to sell OEM GM parts at 'wholesale'. GM provides your Dealership parts at 'wholesale', but does that mean you, a worker are then allowed to turn around and re sell these parts and at 'wholesale'? Would these parts come with the GM Lifetime warranty policy for cash paid parts? What is wholesale, how much is the markup on wholesale vs retail. How would you make any money yourself selling at cost. More questions would come to mind about Trademark Infringement. G.M. is not providing parts to your Dealership to be resold and could take action against you & your employer. Take a minute to read this as you could be jeopardizing both your employment and your dealership's parts network. Or I could be plain wrong?

When Product Resales are not Protected under the First Sale Doctrine | The IP Law Blog

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey Matt! Welcome to the forum!

FYI, I have purchased parts from Matt before. Great guy to deal with and great prices. I had purchased some items from GMPartsDirect previously and they told me something was unavailable. I talked to Matt and was able to order it no problems and received it a few days later AND it was cheaper than I was going to pay from GMPD.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Hey Matt! Welcome to the forum!

FYI, I have purchased parts from Matt before. Great guy to deal with and great prices. I had purchased some items from GMPartsDirect previously and they told me something was unavailable. I talked to Matt and was able to order it no problems and received it a few days later AND it was cheaper than I was going to pay from GMPD.
Many Dealers will have an 'Invoice' price as well, my question or point was not that Matt wasn't a nice guy but how could anyone sell for less than or at wholesale and make any money, while at the same time honoring the same lifetime limited warranty offered on many G.M. parts. The answer is, they can't.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Many Dealers will have an 'Invoice' price as well, my question or point was not that Matt wasn't a nice guy but how could anyone sell for less than or at wholesale and make any money, while at the same time honoring the same lifetime limited warranty offered on many G.M. parts. The answer is, they can't.
My comment was a general statement and had nothing to do with your previous post. I will let him answer that, as I don't know anything about it. I was just stating that he is legit and if you order through him you will receive your product and and it will be the GM part as stated. Personally, I could care less how he is able to do it but I completely understand your questions and concerns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts