Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got caught in a hail storm in my daughter's '12 Eco. Most of the hail was marble size with some approaching golf ball size. Boy was it loud. I was only about 1 mile from home where I had 4 more vehicles sitting outside. It did hail at home, but those cars show little/no damage. The Cruze has one dent on the hood, one dent on the roof, and 15-20 on the trunk. I was shocked by the damage on the trunk, since the hood and roof were mostly undamaged. I've had other hail damaged cars and usually the hood and roof show more damage than a short trunk. Is the trunk thinner sheet-metal? There's a great PDR close, so I may see what he says.

I wear a medium glove.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hail sucks. Seems like since I bought my cruze in 2011 we had some of the worse hail storms. Had a dent in the hood and roof paintless dent repaired already. I have a couple on the trunk and yes I agree the hood and roof seem to take it a lot better than the trunk. I wonder if that is why the cruze rated so good on rollover protection because of the hood and roof strength and the trunk really doesn't play a roll in rollover I am guessing.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Are you in Lake Co ? or North West Indiana ?

While driving to work Monday it sure did get dark up there in Lake co .

I watched a guy push a big cardboard box down the street with an suv ..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you in Lake Co ? or North West Indiana ?

While driving to work Monday it sure did get dark up there in Lake co .

I watched a guy push a big cardboard box down the street with an suv ..
I'm a region rat. NWI is also Lake County, and I was in the IN Lake County not the NEI Lake County.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
One Chevy dealer tried to sell me new Cruze knocking off 1,500 bucks off the sticker price because it had hail damage. Ha, replied, you have a deal if you knock off $10,000.00. Said buy it, save 1,500 bucks and file a claim against your insurance company.

I walked away without even saying goodbye.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
One Chevy dealer tried to sell me new Cruze knocking off 1,500 bucks off the sticker price because it had hail damage. Ha, replied, you have a deal if you knock off $10,000.00. Said buy it, save 1,500 bucks and file a claim against your insurance company.

I walked away without even saying goodbye.
On your way home, stop by the state insurance fraud division and report that idiot. You cannot claim insurance damage when the vehicle is purchased with the damage.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got the PDR estimate, and it is $1835!!! The paint is a little lumpy on this car, and I don't even notice most of the dents they're seeing. Really, the car still doesn't look that bad.
it's sad because, the car only 2 small dents before the storm. I asked about just doing just the biggest dents, and they only work whole panels. I'm just going to buy a glue puller, and try to work the biggest dents by myself.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One Chevy dealer tried to sell me new Cruze knocking off 1,500 bucks off the sticker price because it had hail damage.
New car dealers around here like hail damaged inventory. They file an insurance claim, discount the vehicle by the amount of the settlement, have a hail sale, and sell 400 cars in a few weeks. But, I haven't heard of a hail sale in quite a few years. Maybe that all changed after PDR became popular.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts