Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Ohh snap, broadcasting the challenge. No backing down now! Ha it's on good sir :) Let's hope more can join us. I bet tecollins would be down for it atleast.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Come on, I know there's plenty around this area that would like to do this. Speak up! :)

Reactions: ErikBEggs

·
Registered
184 Posts
Come on, I know there's plenty around this area that would like to do this. Speak up! :)

If I lived closer... :what: I wont be in ohio till August for the dsm shootout.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I will be in western pa the middle of September. Wouldn't mind driving out for a track day. Which track?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
I think next month is when Erik wanted to schedule this meet.. maybe he'll post more details if he sees this. He's the one that found this strip.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Kool. By then I should have the 1.8 tune and I would love to see how the car runs on a strip as well as dyno numbers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Id love to but my car isnt much yet just a DIY CIA and about to get a tune

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Id love to but my car isnt much yet just a DIY CIA and about to get a tune
It's not going to be about who has the fastest Cruze, lol. I've never drag raced on an official strip before so I'm excited to try it out. What we really want to accomplish is getting a big group of people together to hang out for an evening, b/s and have some fun. Part of me would like to meet the people I'm posting with on here.. lol.

BTW, where in West PA are you located??

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ill be in Pittsburgh the week of the 10th to the 17th of september so in down for then

·
Registered
906 Posts
I understand it isnt about competition as much as chillin but i would like to see how a tuned 1.8 does against a tuned 1.4t

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, this is the track everyone here is the link

Quaker City Motor Sports Park, 10225 W South Range Rd, Salem, OH 44460 is the address for GPSers.

It is almost perfectly equidistant from Cleveland, Akron, and Pittsburgh. It is 9 miles off I-76 near the state line.

Test and Tune is Friday nights 6-11 PM and what we want to do that is basically amateur anyone can race. Every Friday it looks open for the entire summer, so we just have to pick a date! I am personally looking for August. Any weekend so far works for me.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
I live near pittsburgh
What city? I'm half hour north in Ellwood City.

I'm in the cleveland area, wouldn't mind meeting up with people. Keep me updated.
We will. We may try this sometime next month.. Erik needs to post more details.

I understand it isnt about competition as much as chillin but i would like to see how a tuned 1.8 does against a tuned 1.4t

Absolutely, I'd like to see that too!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well i cant make august. But perhaps we get a trip both months? Im out near monroeville PA so close to the state like is like an hour maybe anyone down for a second trip friday sept 14?

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
OK, this is the track everyone here is the link

Quaker City Motor Sports Park, 10225 W South Range Rd, Salem, OH 44460 is the address for GPSers.

It is almost perfectly equidistant from Cleveland, Akron, and Pittsburgh. It is 9 miles off I-76 near the state line.

Test and Tune is Friday nights 6-11 PM and what we want to do that is basically amateur anyone can race. Every Friday it looks open for the entire summer, so we just have to pick a date! I am personally looking for August. Any weekend so far works for me.
Ah ha! Ok cool, well probably one of the later weekend will be good for me. Those interested post what weekend you'd be free and we can work something out! Hope this goes down!

1 - 20 of 204 Posts