Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Ohh crap

Tags
crap ohh
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Rivergoer 
#1 ·
Well I did it dropped a que tip down this hole, whats that gonna do?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
That would be the dipstick hole, was cleaning ports with que tips, I know pretty dumb but was working till I somehow let go at the wrong time. I thought well stick a vacuum and by luck I would suck it back out, but she gone swimming somewhere. So now what to do, one of those man things are going great turned into a nightmare.

#6 · (Edited)
If you don't have access to a lift and or don't want to break the seal on your oil pan, an option might be using a MityVac 7201. Usually used to do a topside oil change. Or mcguyver one. Stuff happens, you learn from it. When I was doing the PCV valve repair/fix, first 15 minutes into it I unplugged the metal clip for the coolant sensor and it blasted out and hot coolant came gushing out, kept on trucking, finished, refilled the coolant and all worked out. http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-gen1-powertrain/3938-topside-oil-change-works.html

#7 ·
Don't have access to a lift, and think I'll drop the oil out the pan and by luck maybe it will be sitting at the drain hole. Or have her towed to a shop, or if anyone has dropped the pan to let me know how that goes I'm all in.
Heck maybe I could have my kid tape me doing it and we could make a show of it.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Thought of that, already put the valve cover back on. And the Dealer did replace the gasket at 77,000 miles under warranty cause it was leaking bad, and the oil pan is leaking again at 97,000 miles. I'm out of warranty but they should do it again if you ask me. But sure that won't happen.
Love the camera idea, should have waited to put that valve cover on for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.