Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 1.4L 2016 Cruze limited and i am wondering when i should change my oil.

I drive long trips (1.5 Hours) all highway to work EVERYDAY (One way) and back is another 1.5 hours all highway too. I am a smooth driver - never punch it.

I get the good oil and always change it myself. I put on about 8000kms in 3 months. Typically change it than, but is this too soon or late?
My car has about 75,000kms now. I have done the tranny fluid and air filter already.

Any suggestions? I want to run this car forever!

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Every 7500 miles, just got mine changed yesterday. I had never seen the DIC warning ever and it was becoming annoying

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Since 7.500 miles is a known good range for the Cruze's oil changes, combined with your relatively easy driving style on the engine, I personally would go about 10,000 KM between oil changes. In fact, even in city driving I frequently went around 10,000 KM between oil changes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I was driving like OP I was still changing mine every 7k miles, so just over 11k km. Since my drives include more city now and not nearly as long of a drive time wise, meaning more cold starts, I have dropped it down to 6500 miles. Might even go 6k in the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts