Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day !

Just after some advise on whether I can get away with adding a little less (3.85 litres) than the recommended 4 litres during an oil change without risking damage to the engine/turbo.

Holden Cruze 1.4 Turbo 132K Kms Auto Trans

Also is it safe/recommended to use an oil flush before the oil change in the turbo model.

Cheers

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
As long as the oil level is between the high and low hash marks you'll be ok. I'm guessing that you have a 1 gallon (US) container of oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the oil level is between the high and low hash marks you'll be ok. I'm guessing that you have a 1 gallon (US) container of oil.
Cheers obermd. I have a 5 litre container (1.32 gallons/5.28 quarts) but am a little short after top ups. I change oil every 7500 kms (4660 miles).

Any comment on using an oil flush?

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you have been changing the oil reguarly, there should be no need to use any type of cleaner/flush. The oil itself has additives that remove contaminents and are removed from the crankcase when you drain the oil. As long as you are keeping up on that then you should be set. If you feel the need to flush, I'd rather you just change your oil more frequently than put in any type of cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts