Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,846 Posts
That's not actually a picture of you putting a 5w-30 in that Gen 2 Cruze is it? it's suppose to use 0w-20, especially with modern vehicles ONLY use the recommended weight. But yes, 5 "cans" of those or one large jug is what's used
2016-17's use 5w30

The capacity is 4.25 qts with a filter change. I usually put 4 in mine, check it, and add more if necessary. There's usually an open container around from the last oil change.

·
17,846 Posts
The Gen 1 was a soft 10mm head, which did have a tendency to strip. The Gen 2 has a much bigger head with a Torx thing in the middle just in case you do manage to strip it, but I don't think I've seen anyone do it yet.

The plugs don't need tons of cranking down to be tight, and they sure don't need to be ugga-duggaed down with an impact.

·
17,846 Posts
Are we talking about a Gen 1 bolt or a Gen 2?

The Gen 2 has a MUCH bigger head on it than the 10mm Gen 1 (and a Torx socket if you mess that up), and I don't honestly see how you could strip the thing unless you're hammering the thing down with an impact like there's no tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.